Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Exclusive Interview: Michael Sharits


Mack Weldon’s cover model Michael Sharits is having a moment. In addition to being the face (and body) of the cutting edge brand, Michael was recently cited in the New York Times as an example of a new type of underwear model on the rise. Aspiring models, in other words, are gonna wanna be like Mike.


Of the short animations on Mack Weldon’s site featuring Michael showing off various styles, Eric Wilson of the Times writes Mike “may be fatless, but he is just goofy enough, rubbing his belly or tripping out of a pair of trousers, to be relatable. He even has a dusting of chest hair, and sometimes wears glasses.” As the underwear industry takes a step back to consider more accessible body types and down to earth personalities, models like Michael are on the ascent.

Name: Mike Sharits

Born and Raised: Born in Richmond IN and raised in  Connersville IN

Current Location: Westport, CT

Astrological Sign: Scorpio

Relationship Status: Married

Height: 6′

Weight: 170lbs

Chest: 40”

Waist: 31

Shoe Size: 10 1/2

Hair color: Brown

Eye color: Blue

Ethnicity: American Mutt

Modeling for Mack Weldon is… Fun and real. It was such a great experience to work with a company that wanted my personality to shine through. Also, I am an extremely active and animated person, so jumping around at the shoot made me feel right at home.

Being described as ‘just goofy enough to be relatable’ in the New York Times was… Completely spot on. I don’t take myself too seriously, and am not afraid to make a complete fool out of myself. I never want to be the guy who is so wrapped up in always looking cool that I would miss out on the opportunity to have a priceless goofy moment that makes me laugh for hours.

During a photo shoot, I’m usually thinking about… Everything under the sun. It really depends on the shoot. If it is an e-commerce job, once I get a feel for what the client wants, I can put my body on auto pilot. Then I can get lost in my head and think about anything from what I am going to have for dinner to what new parts I could get for my truck. With things like Mack Weldon you can’t get lost in your head. This is because they are trying to capture spontaneous moments that come from being fully present. These are my favorite types of jobs!


If I could go on a wildly romantic date with anyone in the world, it would be… My Wife. Every moment with her feels like it’s out of a movie. She’s a musician, and travels as much as I do. So, I cherish any chance we get to go on a romantic trip.

If I had a super power, it would be… To fly, but it’s such a close call. As a kid I wanted to be Superman so I would have all the best powers, and wouldn’t have to choose just one. But if I had to choose, it would be to fly. The freedom and exhilaration would be an amazing gift.

The craziest thing I’ve ever done was… I decided to Model. It was completely unheard of for anyone from where I grew up to become a model. It was a huge leap of faith and has led to so many blessings, and enough crazy stories to make even Bukowski blush!

5 years from now, I’ll be… Acting! It is my passion and drug. I am fascinated with human experience, and all the factors that contribute to each individual story. Acting gives me the opportunity live and share all the stories I believe need to be told.

No comments:

Post a Comment