Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Exclusive Interview: Noah Wright

When Noah Wright was in High School, he would consider himself a somewhat underwear snob. Every Christimas, he’d ask his mom for underwear from one of his favorite designers, Andrew Christian. Today, Wright’s face can be seen on Andrew Christian’s Facebook page. He represents the company at events across the nation and has worked out in an Andrew Christian social video with RuPaul Drag Race‘s Shangela.

I had the opportunity of sitting down with Wright for an exclusive interview last week. From the conversation, we learned that behind his Andrew Christian Air Jock lies a model who loves his fans, holds his family close, and has overcome adversity amidst small town politics.
Born/Raised: Born in Fayette County, NC; Raised in West Virginia with grandparents close by on a farm.
Current Location: West Virginia
Astrological Sign: Gemini
Relationship Status: Single for a couple of years now.
Height: 6’0”
Weight: 160
Chest: 40″. It’s not that big. It’s a baby chest.
Waist: 30”
Shoe Size: 9 ½
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Ethnicity: I have Italian in me. My great grandparents came over from Italy.
When it comes to my Italian heritage…I am immensely proud of it. I love it. I’m very proud of my great grandparents and all the work they did to get here. My grandmother is so proud of our Italian heritage. She is always saying, “You look so Italian, oh my gosh.”
My favorite Italian food is…lasagna. My grandmother makes the best lasagna. Though, I am not a huge pasta eater.
When I was younger, tattoos in West Virginia…weren’t very acceptable. My parents were very against it. When I got older, I got my first tattoos, which were written tattoos. They said,”Love is blind.” I went with my mom. She got a tattoo with me. All of my tattoos are important because she has gone with me for every single one. It is something I will always remember us doing together.
In terms of my tribal tattoo…I took a picture of this guy with a tribal tattoo to the tattoo artist. He said that it was the most awful tattoo he’d ever seen and designed another one for me. He hand drew it on my arm. Once he did the outline though, I was sitting there and was like, “Oh my God this thing is huge. Now I have to get it colored in.” I got the anxious, “oh crap what did I do” feeling. But, after I had three sessions and eight hours of tattooing, it turned out really great. A lot of people really like it.
The first day on an Andrew Christian set…I probably looked like a mess. I had left a day early to take my niece across the country. My plane got stuck in Texas. I had to spend the night there, fly to Arizona, drop her off, and go straight to the Andrew Christian shoot that day. I looked like crap and this was probably the first time they were seeing me. It was the strip tease video, and I didn’t have time to shower. So.. I was nervous. It was a lot of fun, though. The photographer was very helpful. She told me how to pose. She made me feel comfortable, so it made me feel confident.
Being an Andrew Christian model is…amazing. They’ve been really good to me. I love working for the company. All of the employees are so nice. And the models. The company is so accommodating. So considerate. I’m new at this. I’m from West Virginia. I’m not used to being in my underwear in front of people. So, they gave me all the privacy I needed. It wasn’t just like, “put these underwear on and strike a pose.”
My favorite Andrew Christian campaign…is the twerking video which is coming up soon. Twerking was so much fun. I got to meet all the models. It was lighthearted, just dancing in our underwear.
On a scale of 1 to Miley Cyrus, I would rate my twerking skills…I’ve done Crossfit for a year, so I have a really muscular butt. So, my butt doesn’t shake, or give, or do anything. It just sits there. I told them, I thought having a muscular butt was going to be a good thing for me, but apparently it’s going to hurt my career. I’m not a twerker. We’ll leave that for Jon and Jeffrey.
My favorite pair of Andrew Christian underwear are…boxer briefs. But, I did just buy the Andrew Christian football jock.

If I had to pick a celebrity to model for Andrew Christian, it’d be…Channing Tatum.
My passion for floral design…came from something me and my grandmother would do all the time. I lived next to my grandparents on the farm. My grandma was always growing flowers, and I would always go down there and pick them. She would always say, “You just don’t pick them and bunch them all together. You arrange them and put them in a pretty vase.” I just grew to love it. I love plants and horticulture and flowers. In college, a local florist gave me a shot. And from then on, I’ve been able to get a job at every flower shop I applied for. I’ve done a lot. It’s very time consuming. I lost a lot of time doing it because weddings and events are on the weekend and that’s when a lot of friends are going out and doing things. I’m so work oriented that I would spend all my time at work and completely lose myself in it. Once I get older, it would be something good to get into. Maybe start my own business.
My favorite flowers are…garden flowers. Pianese and garden roses. More high end flowers.
I avoid Wal-Mart…because I used to work there. I’ve had a lot of jobs in West Virginia. I tend to move around a lot because I don’t want to get stuck somewhere where I am unhappy or I get trapped. I’ve worked at Fedex, Wal-Mart, Target, Hollister, The Gap. I’ve been around.
My pal Jon Varak…is friendly and nice. I love working with Jon. He’s always watching out for things. When we go out to clubs, he’s always keeping tabs on me, and I do the same for him. I’m glad we’ve gotten to do three weekends together. It’s been great to get to know him and photograph with him. The fans are eating it up.
Men and trucks...are sexy. I love my truck. There’s just something about having all my windows down and country music playing. You’re winding on these back roads. With the trees and the breeze. It’s just beautiful. There’s just something about it. Something I definitely enjoy.
To take the best truck selfie…I just hit a part with some good sun. Then I catch myself in the mirror and I’m like, “Oh. I look good. I have to take a picture.” It’s awful. I do selfies and drive, but all of my pictures are usually at a stop sign. I know fans have concerns about that.
Fans from farms that want to be models should…keep a positive attitude and never stop trying. I’ve been applying for modeling positions. I tried for Ford and Wilhelmina. Sent photos. They are looking for something specific. You might not get it the first time. It doesn’t mean you should give up or you can’t do it. You have to keep trying. And personality is everything.

My fans…really great, loyal fans. If anyone says anything negative about me, they are always there to have my back. I don’t have to say anything. I love my fans. I interact with them a lot. Which is why I think they like me so much. I like to talk to them, to hear what they have to say. I look forward to reading all of their comments.
Charlotte Pride…was great. I’ve only been to one other pride in Pittsburg. It was when I first came out, so, I was a little weary about everything. You’re just like watching and observing. It was awesome to be in the middle of the parade. The fans were amazing. I guess they haven’t had a Pride in 20 years. The turnout for it was spectacular. Just the support of people that came out to support the gay community was amazing. Jon and I have gotten a lot of support from fans. Which surprised me because I’m fairly new.
Gay pride…is important. I’ve been through a lot. I lived in West Virginia. It feels like we are a little behind the times. Being gay is definitely not something you flaunt around in this area. It’s very religious here. I’ve been in relationships with girls. I feel like I can finally express who I am and who I want to be and not have to look back and be afraid, thinking about what people are going to think of me or what’s my family going to think. I have a lot of pride in myself, being the person I want to be and being the person I should be. Not being someone else.
My mom…My mom is the most important person in my life. You go through that stage when you don’t know who you are or where you’re going. What you’re supposed to be doing. You are brought up one way but you feel another way. She would always be there to listen to me and comfort me. She is a very important part of who I am. We have so much fun together. We get tattoos together. We get in the car, go shopping, roll down the windows, and turn on some hip hop music. She’s been there to help me with everything. The first set of pictures I had taken were by my mother.
In five years…I would really love to get into some kind of fashion. I have always wanted to model. I would love to get into some runway or high fashion. It seems like fun. It’s a hard thing to get into. Especially in West Virginia.



No comments:

Post a Comment