Monday, March 9, 2015

World Premiere Interview: Vincent Lacrocq


Interview by Christopher Uvenio

"I live in NY, in Brooklyn with Boyd and Jamie to be exact, which is the best decision I've made for years..."
"So I started when Edi Slimane ran after me when I was skateboarding in Paris..."
                     
"I did mostly catalogues and editorials lately like Barneys in NY..."


Hello Vincent, I'm really flattered you accepted to be interviewed for CoverMen Mag!, to start this interview off, please give me some background information.  
So my hometown is Paris, born and raised there, my family is a little bit everywhere in France, which gave me another education than a 100% Parisian, and I think it helps to be a little bit more aware of what's going on around even if I actually really get more open when I started modeling. And now I live in NY, in Brooklyn with Boyd and Jamie to be exact, which is the best decision I've made for years. I'm starting my life again somehow, everybody should live in another country one day if they get the opportunity.


-On starting to model: how and when did you begin thinking of modeling as a career? Were your family supportive of your choice?
 
So I started when Edi Slimane ran after me when I was skateboarding in Paris, I actually thought that this all thing was a joke for a moment, and then I started to realise that it was actually pretty serious, I wasn't thinking of making a career of it until it get to be regular and after a couple of big jobs. My dad was scared to see me missing school, I was in a cinema school in Paris, but after a while he was actually happy and proud to see me working and independent.




-Did you have any idea about what was involved in being a model?
 
Definitely  not, I thought it was a group of rich pretentious big guys with no brain, and I realised that it was much different, I met some of my best friends in there, I got to realised after a while how much it is a proper job to be a model and not just a warm alive plastic mannequin. Involving working with different artists and amazing people sometimes. Traveling, maybe the best part, surprised me also, I got the chance to see so many different places that makes you grow up...yeah yeah I finally grew up.

-Describe your first major modeling experience: what was it like and where was it held?
 
Except the shows, let's say the Missoni campaign with Drew Barimore in Ibiza shot by Mert and Marcus. It was amazing to work with those people, I maybe started to realise that it was getting a pretty big deal then. I had no chance to meet celebrities before, everybody was so professional and so nice.....And I was the young stoned skateboarder on the middle, pretty funny, how did I got there? No idea, I'm still surprised how I got to do this career.





-Surely you are a very successful  and busy model, can you share with me some of your current and upcoming projects?
 
I'm in NY now, so I got to meet all the clients there, it takes some time to be known by everybody there. But I did mostly catalogues and editorials lately like Barneys in NY.

-If you decided to stop modeling today, what other career would you like to take up? Have you ever considered getting into acting?
 
That's a good question, I'm working on it, that's also why I moved to NY, after the cinema school, I made a couple of short movies as a director when I had time, and I'm a lot more serious into it now, I assist a French director for his next feature in New York next winter, which is gonna teach me a lot. And I have a couple of personal projects upcoming too. As for acting yes I'm interested also to understand this job and to be able to direct actors. I'm taking acting classes in NY.

-Tell me a little bit about your personal interests: apart from modeling, what else do you enjoy doing?
 
So I told you about movies, you know about skateboard that I do for 10 years, I love art in general, music a lot, I started playing drum 6 month ago. I also make car racing in France, Drifting, it's about sliding with a car on a normal racetrack, it's really fun, I'll go back to the French and European championship next year. I love all the extreme sports in general...But more than anything, FRIENDS, FAMILY, and eh.....girls.







-How has the job title “male model” affected your dating life? In other words do you think that  women  are attracted to male models?
 
Yeah it helps for sure, but the interesting ones are not the model stalkers.




-Did you like school? What subjects did you excel in?
 
I hated school before, I couldn't stay sitting on a chair for hours, but many people who does amazing things in life are shit in school, I think school should get some change to interest more children about life, but I guess it's good not to have everybody with big projects, especially in the bad schools in the suburbs. But anyway, I was good at Math, English, Technology, oh and Biology too.



-Thanks Vincent for taking the time to reply to my questions, it was a gift to my readers and me!
 
You're welcome, it was a pleasure even if I took a long time to write you back.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment