Monday, March 9, 2015

World Premiere Interview: Brandon Trentham


 
I definitely remember my first job I think it was for Rolling Stone Magazine...
As of January I have been splitting my time between NYC and LA working on my acting career as well...
I wanted to say thanks to my wonderful family and friends and fans...


Brandon Trentham has been photographed and posted on billboards all over the world, featured in hundereds of magazines, worked on several commercials and music videos and walked thousands of catwalks with top models and talented artists. He takes great pride in his career, family and friends and enjoys being a bi-coastal enterpeneaur.





-Hello Brandon, I am really flattered you accepted to be interviewed for my website, just to start this interview off please give me some background information.Well I was born in Gatlinburg,Tn. I'm the only child to Debbie Winstead and Bobby Trentham. I lived there until I was 18 and graduated high school. Knowing there was more out there, I moved shortly after to NYC. Not only had I never been to NYC, I had never been to a big city ever besides Atlanta. I have now lived from NYC, to London, to Milan, to Paris, to Miami, and now both LA and NYC.


-Let's look back at how you started modeling, tell me about how you got discovered.Well I did small things in Tennessee like Goody's Dept Store or Sea Ray Boat commercials. I wasn't discovered I just took a chance. Kinda like if I can make this much money in high school in Tennessee, then I bet I can make a lot more in NYC. I was young, innocent, and ignorant so what did I have to lose besides a little bit of time.

-Do you remember your first photo shoot? How did you feel about being in front of the camera?I definitely remember my first job I think it was for Rolling Stone Magazine. It was a group shot and I had no idea what to do really. I mean I thought it couldn't be the same in NYC as it was in Tennessee, but it was and I got that nervousness away. I have always been comfortable in front of the camera I guess, never had that struggle, Thank God.



How was your very first runway show for? What was the feeling before and after the show? To be honest I don't remember my first show. Whether it was in NYC, Milan or Paris I can't recall. I do however remember the biggest show that I did. At the time I was traveling the world with my mother agent (which we won't mention who) that had started several super model girls and she had plans on me to be the next biggest thing. I trusted her and sure enough we were flying from Miami to Milan the next day for the Prada show "Exclusive Contract" which means they pay more so that I can only do their show. So I arrive there, they love me, I meet everyone and then when I go for my fitting, none of the clothing fits and I get canceled after going all the way there. I was really let down, to say the least, but the next day Dolce & Gabbana picked me up and I did their show. I ended up booking a lot more that year and it was a great first experience there.



- Just for curiosity, can you tell me why the models don't smile during the shows?Models are told sometimes beforehand what to do like walk out cool, act like your having a blast or at a party. If you're not told before you just do the obvious, and look like you're going to kill someone lol.



-You have done a lot of major campaigns, which of them has contributed the most to your success?Hmm, that would be hard to say. Its been different campaigns and ads over the years to bring me up and down. I would say the last "Aldo" has helped more with my name being known outside of the fashion world because its longevity and being absolutely smashed all over the world on trains, buses, buildings, and billboards. If I had to say my favorite it would be the Marc Jacobs Charity T-shirts for sale in stores now, with me pictured on the front and name on the sleeve and back. It was for his Cancer Research and honor to be asked to do it. I really enjoy anything with charity, I truly have always felt a calling in life to help others in anyway possible.



I guess you are going to pursue an acting career, is it so? Is there a particular role you would like to play?Yes, as of January I have been splitting my time between NYC and LA working on my acting career as well. I have always wanted to do it and finally did. Things are going great thus far.If I were to say someone maybe I would kind of like to mock myself after it would be between a mixture, of Edward Norton, Brad Pitt, and Johnny Depp. I like very deep stories yet like the somewhat humorous fun roles too.



 -What are some of the most popular misconceptions about male models? What stereotype do you hate the most?Misconceptions is a good word for it because people can only truly guess. Its such an unknown world. Although I guess I had my days of running around with the model pack, I no longer do to be honest. I like running around with a lot of people not in my business. Keeps it separated. I think, not to be a hater, but for some reason the majority of the people in my side of the camera can be a bit dumb and obnoxious. Not to say there aren't exceptions to every rule, but it is somewhat amazing how many people in this business fit the Zoolander character.
I think that this day and time the stereotype's still exist yet they aren't as prevalent as they used to be. The drugs, the hooking up with photographers, and the lavish sets. Most of that went out in the 90's when clients had unbelievable budgets and would put up with whatever behavior for the model they wanted. This business has become over saturated or more competitive I guess and it has allowed clients and companies to control it. I am thankful to have thrived and been lucky through it and hope to continue.



-Thanks Brandon for taking your little spare time to reply to my questions, my last question: what would your fans be surprised to know about you?Well, let's see. Most people that know me would say I'm the life of the party and always happy go lucky, but to be honest I am very shy under circumstances that don't affect most. I can be in my underwear shooting an ad in Times Square but walking into a restaurant or venue without my pack of friends around me and a beanie on my head I get nervous. Acting is the same way, on camera I can become someone I'm not and play different people which I truly have a passion for, yet letting people to know me truly deep down is very difficult because its so hard for me to trust.


I wanted to say thanks to my wonderful family and friends and fans for always standing behind me to give me that support.
I would love for everyone to check out my new website at
www.Brandontrentham.com and link to my blog which is starting soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment