Friday, June 20, 2014

The making of the Uvenio CoffeeTable book!



Once upon a time......(my favorite way to introduce the real story behind the making of the coffee table book) I always wanted to create my very own fashion coffee table book for years since I was inspired til this day. A coffee table book fills with my designs, gowns, art, theatre, illustrations, beauty of nature. A taste of Italian beauty, Rock & Frock, Madonna, Lots of jewels,Glamour & seductions. Yes, everything all in one and becomes the Work of art!  
I met the amazing fabulous former Male Model turned Fashion photographer who I worked with several projects, Vaughn Stewart
  I told Vaughn, the shoot has to be big and grand! Very Italian style, very dramatic scenery and backdrops.  And I wanted it done at Locanda Cavallo. I told Vaughn the story of how I met Brondo and his beautiful mother Shirley Cavallo who I have inspired since the day I met her.
Lights Camera. Action!

 The location: 
   Easton, Pennsylvania where my closet friends, Brondo Cavallo  I met him at the Fashion Institute of Technology over 20 years ago. One weekend he took me out of the city to head out to his home, when I arrived...I was shocked. It was just like the 80's television hit serial, Falcon Crest!!
And Brondo than announced to me, "Welcome to Falcon Crest!"
I love his home where his mother, the Grande Dame celebrity cook who owns the LoCanda Cavallo for over 30 years on 400 acres of lands and til this day, I promised myself 20 years ago to do photo shoot, a huge production for a coffee table book. Now it all happens in reality!
(Stevan and I were joking on the set!)
             
The very well-known international Makeup artist and hair for Dior and  other fashion houses Stevan Adams joined Vaughn and I on discussion of whose the perfect models to join us! 
The female models was sure hard to find, I was telling Vaughn and Stevan, I want the real look of a classic supermodel.  The new generations of models are not extremely powerful looking nor have the looks I want. The word FACE! has to be powerful. Remember Cindy, Christy, Nikki, Naomi, and Linda..they are the one with the "FACE"! (Linda have always been my personal favorite) And it took 3 days to find the look, looks need to have cheekbones and that classic look!
OMG I finally found the woman Vaughn brought in:  a dead ringer of the supermodel of the 70's Gia and a twist of Cindy Crawford. Beautiful and very classic! Supermodel has a name, her name is Lauren Schumann! 
I fell in love with Lauren, her beauty, her personality, her style, she has everything I wanted in a supermodel for my coffee table book! 
Next Model:   Rafaele Rivera(I have interviewed him 4 times on my blog and one of the most talented beautiful man to ever worked with in my collections.) He's tall, dark and drop-dead handsome.  Very masculine and very sizzling, Rafaele have always been the one who knows how to make my collection and himself magical in front of the camera. I have known Rafaele for several years and I totally adore him since he is one of the sweetest gentleman to work with! Very extremely professional!
   
WOW! was the first word that Vaughn introduced me to a beautiful long shining red-headed and pale skin to match of supermodel, Kimberly Davies. Her red hair was absolute to die for! She glowed with beautiful personality, looks and very unique.  I knew I saw a big winner in Kimberly!
Next Male Supermodel: Bill Bradshaw. Yes, Vaughn brought him to my office and first thing I saw was, omg, James Dean! Tall, handsome, chiseled-bones, with an incredible smile. I loved the look and  his personality was very masculine and has a special "old Hollywood" glamour look of  leading men of the 40's. I saw his very impressive portfolio. His looks, his physique and his smoldering eyes were perfect. He has been seen everywhere and  I knew I had to have him in the collection!  

Next came the incredible handsome and young at 21. Vaughn and I interviewed him over the phone since he came from Indiana. He desperately wanted to join the team. OMG, was the first word that I said. He got that young rugged looks and  He drove 8 hours to come to the making of the Coffeetable book! With Killer looks and a body to match, Anthony Parker was incredible to meet and to work with.   

The next Model is Darius Goodworth, the very handsome, masculine look and yes, he sings Opra! With beautiful eyes and the very sensuous smile, I had to cast him too! His joyous personality was a gem!  He has the style of Cary Grant meet Rock Hudson looks.

We all headed to Locanda Cavallo on June 9th and we headed straight to work. Everyone was impressed with the location it was   a different world. Old Italian World. It was a great reunion for me to see Shirley Cavallo, the grande dame who have graced magazines and newspapers about her work and her iconic estates.

La Locanda del Cavallo offers visitors a relaxed fine dining experience in a scenic location. Founded by chef Shirley Cavallo, the restaurant is tucked away from the city on a mountainside perch that overlooks the Delaware River. 




The bistro has the feeling of a remote escape without being 
far from downtown at all, making it a great choice for romantic or special occasion meals. The upscale menu draws inspiration from French, Mediterranean and American cuisines, and everything served is organic and free range.  
Call La Locanda del Cavallo to make a reservation, or visit the restaurant's website for information about special events, cooking classes and the on-site hotel.
As Vaughn prepared to shoot the next look of the handsome Bill in my menswear Baroque Collection with the beautiful Lauren, Stevan Adam was directing a scene to make it more dramatic and unique to capture on camera!
                
Here I am swinging around making sure that Bill looked perfect, fitted and ready to do his looks in front of the camera while Vaughn taking picture. 
Stevan brainstorming ideas of what to do with Kim's beautiful hair before the am shoot starts while Bill was admiring the jewels! We celebrated our first party in the house til 4am..Wanna party likea Real SuperModels...!

Boys will be Boys:After the shoot, we partied after the first shoot! (Anthony Parker, Rafaele Rivera & Bill Bradshaw)
  The Best supermodels on the planet became 1 big happy family !(the SuperModels: Lauren Schumann, Rafaelle Rivera, Anthony Parker, Bill Bradshaw, Darius Goodworth, Kimberly Davies along with my best friend over 20 years, Brondo Cavallo!) That was our very first night after 13 hours of shoot!
Anthony & Rafaele on their break while Lauren and Kimberley were doing their striking poses in the absolute couture on the Grand piano of the Cavallo living room!
                     
The Grand dame, Shirley cooking for everyone what was unexpected! She was very important to us and apart of the team. She made breakfast, lunch, dinner and deserts. Everyone loved Shirley and everyone adored her! Anthony stood  by Shirley to be included in the picture. Does Anthony's physique amazing!  
After a long day on the 2nd shoot, I sat down after dressing Lauren, I started to laugh at the guys! Since they gotten their makeup done in a very unique way from Stevan. They looked at me like what's so funny!.."The boys looked like Superheros!"

(From the left: Bill is Batman, Anthony is Robin & Rafaele is the  Spiderman! So I had to take a quick snapshot of this! It made my day! Long hours, lots of fun and glamour and great results!)

(Time to celebrate Day 2)   


Brondo's idea, we were in the wine cellar, and I ended on the throne..as Lauren stood by and photographed by Brondo! So talented, he decorated the backdrop of the wine cellar!

Wonder what Brondo was thinking since he was born with the creative mind! He really was a great team player to help with the backdrops and the idea of the scenery.  
 Bill worked hard and done a magnificent looks with Kim and Lauren. And wow..the 3 supermodels are the perfect match to make the looks mysterious, sexy, flawless and superhot!
                                  The very busy talented Vaughn focusing on Kimberly in the maganificent design near the amazing scenes with marble spiral stairs. Kim brought classic avant garde look into the collection.


                                   
Tears! I LOVE THEM! It was the best team from the Fashion Heaven! Vaughn, Stevan and I worked together from start to end even though there were some dramas (that's apart of the fashion world, aren't they all?)  
3 creative minds into one was pure magic! Bringing Brondo into the mix along with my intern, Veronica who brought lots of heart and energy into the team. Everything was extremely perfect! I would start all over again! It was a vacation away from New York, heading to LaLa Land and we succeeded glamour, fun, long hours and most of all, memorable!
(Here am I ....20 years ago!  ) 

 "How long has it been since you came to the Cavallo." Brondo asked while there was a photoshoot going as the models were striking poses.
    "I remember how you use to entertain me on walking through the fields, and teaching me about the land, the winsterias and the vineyards, and how precious they are together. Seems like only yesterday." I said Brondo as we were walking around the beautiful estate.                                        
Meanwhile I'm going  to do everything I can to keep designs of my coffee table book match the beauty of the vineyard and the winery, the jewel of the valley, just as I always dreamed it would be from 20 year ago.... 
"A toast to you Locanda Cavallo, and long may you live," I said, as I held my glass up in a toast to the land alone with Brondo as we spoken about our friendship of over 20 years.                              

        

No comments:

Post a Comment