Sunday, August 30, 2015

World Premiere Interview: Mark Krisztofer


MARK KRISZTOFER

The Male Model with 9 Tattoos


By Christopher Uvenio  
     



Tell me about yourself and where are you from and how it brought you to New York, the Fashion Capital of the World?


I was born in Manhattan and lived there till I was 11. My mom then decided to move to Hungary to care for her elder mom. At the age of 16 I got recruited to play at a prestigious high school in Canada and following that I ended up back in NYC for my last year of high school. From there I moved back to Hungary to play basketball but after 2 years I came back to NY and been here since.


Do you have a Nickname? Some of my friends call me Markeyz
.
When was it that you got started becoming a Male Model and how did it come about?

My mom was in the fashion industry for a while as a model, actress and dancer and she influenced me. When I was 13 she brought me to a movie casting and I ended up with a small role. I was always into fashion and wanted to be a model but basketball was more of a priority until a couple years ago when I started dedicating more time to it, working out and I quickly starting getting better and better gigs.

When did you decided you wanna be a Personal Trainer?
Less than 2 years ago I joined a new gym where I met my 2 gym buddies one of which was just starting as a trainer and after doing my first fitness show many started asking me to train them so I thought it could be a perfect fit since I also have a background in nutrition. I enjoy working out and helping others.

How many Tattoos do you have and where are they located?
I have 9 tattoos. They are located on my upper arms, elbows, wrists and chest.



Are you expecting more in the near future?
Yes I plan on adding some more ink to my upper arms in the near future.

Are any of your Tattoos meaningful?
All of them, except for the stars on my elbows. They all are tied into religion, New York, basketball and horoscope which all represent me.

When did you get your first Tattoos?
I got my first tattoo right after I turned 18.

When you get offered a shoot from a photo shoot, what kind of preparation do you need to do for modeling?  
Not too much besides look up the photographer or designer and see what they are about. As far as gym or eating routine I don’t do anything differently.


What was it like doing your first photo shoot - scary, interesting, exciting, sexy? -  

I was very excited but I went in there with lots of confidence and within minutes I became comfortable. Looking back at the shots now make me laugh, but at that time I thought they were really cool.

What companies have you modeled for?
KnowApparel, John Falloco Underwear, JB Shephard, Black Jack Clothing, SpacyCloud, Saxoo London and Dinamit Jeans. I will also be walking for Andre Galliano and Mango during New York Fashion Week this month.

Who are your favorite Designers? Calvin Klein, Diesel, Armani, Zara and Tom Ford.

What would you not wear in Public? Women’s clothes
How do you keep up to date with Fashion? Magazines, internet, social media and just walking around Manhattan you’ll see all the latest trends.

Are you a Brief or a Boxer guy? Boxers

Do you eat nutritiously? How often do you exercise or go to the gym? Yes I try to for the most part. Not always easy on the go though. I workout 6 times a week!!

How do you stay in such great shape?Share your fitness routine?
Its all about consistency!! I wake up everyday unsatisfied and wanting to get better. I tend to switch up my routines monthly to shock my muscles but currently I workout Chest and arms twice a week and every other body part once. My training routine is intense with lots of supersets and heavy weights.

You love to travel? And where do you like to go? Yes I do!! I haven’t really explored Asia or South America yet but I do love Europe. I always love spending time in Hungary of course lots of friends and family there but I absolutely love Italy! The people, the food, the weather.. everything!

Do you have any limitations? Would you model any kind of clothing at all?
I don’t have any limitations. I see myself as very versatile and can pull off different looks. Anything you throw at me I’ll make the best of it!

What do you do in leisure/spare time?
I love to watch and play sports. Especially basketball and soccer. I also love being outdoors in the sun or the beach or just simply hanging out with my friends. I do enjoy going out as well even though I don’t drink!

What advice would you give a newbie who's just starting in the industry - any suggestions on what to do or what to avoid?
Stay consistent at the gym, eat healthy, be confident in yourself, even of your "flaws" because to others it might be beautiful and learn how to take criticism because everyone will view you differently and wants to push their idea of perfection at you.

THANK YOU MARK!


No comments:

Post a Comment