Tuesday, August 18, 2015

World Premiere Interview: Anthony Parker


Anthony Parker 
The Making of a Male Super Model!
by Christopher Uvenio


 At 22, the very handsome at 6'1 and 170 pounds of pure muscles and an amazing smile from Indiana. Anthony Parker drove and
came from a 13 hour drive to be in my coffee table book. He has been seen everywhere and with his good looks, I see a big bright future ahead of him! Now I am about to introduce you to the very masculine Anthony Parker!

I became a male model about a year and a half ago.  Ever since I was four my life was all about about baseball, I wanted to go pro like so many other young boys.  I went to college to play baseball and played only one year out of the three that I attended.  My career was plagued with injuries, and in the fall of 2012 I suffered a broken finger and my baseball career was over.  I was heartbroken, seeing as baseball was everything I had known.

 A few of my friends suggested I try modeling and I decided to give it a shot.  I got a test shoot set up and fell in love with the feeling that I get in front of the camera.  Becoming a male model helped ease the pain of not playing baseball because it is the only other thing that brings me as much happiness. 

I want to be a model because it's not easy to be one and make it in the industry.  Where I grew up, not many people had big dreams.  Even I didn't think I was going to do anything big in my life.  I went to college for a physical education degree, which would have been fulfilling, but as soon as I realized that my true passion was modeling, I decided to put my schooling on hold.  I know that I'm meant to do big things now and I'm never turning back.
When I get an offer for a shoot, a lot of preparation is involved.  Location needs to be decided upon unless it's already determined.  I need to decide what the theme is bad what I am going to wear and whether or not I need to get items of clothing.  That's all before the day of the shoot.  On the day of the shoot, if I'm going to be shirtless or in underwear I usually go to the gym to tone up my body or at least bring weights and resistance bands to do so.
My first shoot was a test shoot and to be honest I wasn't scared at all I was very excited and intrigued.  Once I got in front of the camera I knew I was where I belonged. 
Probably the weirdest and funniest thing that has ever happened at a shoot was when I was working with a straight photographer and he was snapping away and all of the sudden he just blurts out "If you keep working it this well, you're gonna turn me gay".  Totally unexpected and totally hilarious.
The only actual company I have done a shoot for so far is Pierre Philip Shoes, who at the time was based out of Indy and has since then moved to Vegas.  I have walked in small fashion shows for both Anton Alexander and for Boudoir Noir.  
My favorite designers are Kenneth Cole, Ralph Lauren, Marc Jacobs, Armani, and of course Christopher Uvenio.
 (thank you Anthony, you're the best!)

A few things I won't wear in public are jean shorts, and my glasses I have currently.  Once I get a more fashionable pair I will.  I believe that as a model, you need to look as good as possible in public because you're always representing your brand.
I mostly try to stay up to date with fashion by following GQ on Facebook and reading every one of their articles.  I also have fashion forward friends who help as well.
I am a boxer-brief guy to be honest.  I think they feel the best.
I try to eat as nutritiously as possible.  It's impossible to not eat any unhealthy foods, they are all around us but I stay away from them as much as possible.  I try to go to the gym three to four times a week, but with a busy schedule, it's sometimes hard to do so.
I stay in the shape I am by eating right as often as I can and by doing a lot of cardio.  My gym routine consists of a lot auxiliary lifts to tone my body, and of course abs routines.
I do have limitations but I really haven't been pushed to where I needed to bring them into play.  Everything I have done has been fine with me.
I don't think I would model ANY clothing, but anything within reason that I don't feel foolish in.
In the little spare time I have I enjoy hanging out with friends and having a good time.  I try to play some sort of sports as well whenever I can.
In 5 years from now I see myself being very successful in the modeling industry and hopefully have some sort of entrepreneurial venture as well.
Anthony Parker is a part  of the Uvenio Coffeetable book has been incredible and brought such energy and masculine looks to the project. And there will be a lot of Anthony Parker stories on my blog! Look for Anthony Parker continue his interview of Part 2 very shortly!  ....   

No comments:

Post a Comment