Sunday, March 22, 2015

World Premiere Interview: Miguel Iglesias

Interview by Christopher Uvenio

"My first assignment was for AX S/S 2008. It was my first big photo shoot and we got to fly to Ibiza. I'll never forget the experience..."
"I love my job and I enjoy all the different kinds of work that comes my way. I really enjoy runway shows, but I especially like editorial photo shoots..."
"I've been playing sports my whole life. I have always tried to stay in good shape and try and train as much as possible..."


Miguel Iglesias is a Spanish model who has walked  for DSquared2, Dolce & Gabbana, Giorgio Armani and some other designers and has been featured in magazines such as Geil, Esquire and Men's Health. Following here our exclusive interview with him.

-Hello  Miguel, welcome to my Blog! just to start it off, please give me some background information                             I was born in Ourense, Spain. I have been a big traveller from a young age, and so wherever my work takes me, its always important for me to stay connected to my family and friends, no matter where we are. As a kid, I lived in both Spain and Mexico. I also spent some time living in San Diego, California. I started high school in Spain, but then I did a study program in the US. I did my Junior year of high school in Long Beach, Mississippi, and did my Senior year in Hilo, Hawaii.
-When did you start your modeling career and how old were you at that time?I first started working in Barcelona, around the age of 21.
 -What was your first main assignment as a model?My first assignment was for AX S/S 2008. It was my first big photo shoot and we got to fly to Ibiza. I'll never forget the experience.
-What are your favorite modeling assignments? I love my job and I enjoy all the different kinds of work that comes my way. I really enjoy runway shows, but I especially like editorial photo shoots.  I love embracing a character and getting the chance to play a role and be a part of the story that is being created.
-You're an experienced model, did you expect to work so much?In the beginning I had no idea, I didn't really know much about modeling. I was a student when I first began and to be honest I saw it as just a chance to try and make some extra money.  After booking consistent work I realized that this was something I could be good at, as long as I stayed positive and disciplined. To this day, I continue to try my best and I'm still very hungry for success.


What do you like to do in your free time if you have any?Life is beautiful, and when I have time off I try and live mine at the fullest. I'm sure a lot of people my age would say the same way but I love to travel and enjoy the opportunity to see as much of the world as possible. I learn the most in life from experiencing the world through the eyes of others as. I love to learn about new cultures and traditions to see how different parts or the world work. It is my passion. When I want to relax I  like watching movies and soccer on TV. I'm also a big sports fan. I have played basketball and soccer my whole life but I also love to surf and ski.
-What is your favorite type of movie and do you remember the last film you watched?That's difficult. I like action movies, thrillers, comedies, horror movies...all kinds. The last movie I watched was on a plane to Chile for a job, it was 'The Motorcycle Diaries,' such a beautiful film.
-What is your favorite holiday destination? South Beach, Miami, I've had a lot of fun there working and its always good to go back.


-How do you keep in shape?I've been playing sports my whole life. I have always tried to stay in good shape and try and train as much as possible. I run a lot.
Thank you Miguel!

No comments:

Post a Comment