Sunday, March 22, 2015

World Premiere Interview: Fred Goudon, International Photographer

"For my 16th birthday, my dad gave me a nice camera and I started shooting everything..."
"My style is associated largely on the models I choose to work with. I photograph them as they are..."
"I realized that all men, regardless of how "macho" they may come across have these emotions in them. I Love to look for it,  find it, capture it and share it in a photo."

  Fred Goudon is a well-known photographer. He has over twenty years of experience in the field of photography and published a large number of books and calendars portraying male models. His photos capture the male sensitivity and the sensuality in a very elegant and personal way.  Following here my interview with him. 


 Hello  Fred I am really flattered you accepted to be interviewed for my Blog!, just to start this interview off, please give me some brief background information.
Bonjour, Thank you! ... it is my pleasure, I was born in Cannes (south of France), in the mid 60's, I was always an artist even when I was a kid, I was drawing, painting my parents did always encourage me to be creative.

-
How did you start doing photography and what got you interested in it?
For my 16th birthday, my dad gave me a nice camera and I started  shooting everything.  At 19 I met David in California, he became my  first model. Shooting with him confirmed my passion for photography and the desire to become a photographer. I then decided to make L.A my base and stayed for many years. The city inspired me in the beginning of my career which led to creating my style and  direction through working  with several models agencies making portfolios for male models.

-
Did you take any courses or did you go to a school to learn photography?
I am first and foremost an artist and follow my inspirations, but needed to take some advanced Photography technical courses to perfect the photo and get the shots in the images I imagined.


-What are the common elements of your photography style? How would you describe your shooting style?My style is associated largely on the models I choose to work with. I photograph them as they are and bring out their true selves in the photo.
-What are the main 'rules' to follow to take artistic nude photography?The most important 'rules' for me when taking nude pictures is that the photographer and model must both have a common desire to do the shoot. For me it is very important to respect the subjects comfort in being naked or not.

-How do you feel about digitally enhancing photos and to what extent do you utilize it?The evolution of digital photography is revolutionary and enhances the photographic world. I see it as a positive revolution. It is the present and the future.

-Who do you consider to be an influence on your work as a photographer?I was a young man and saw the exhibition of Bruce Webber 'RIO' in New York. There was this one picture in particular that caught my attention. Mr. Webber had captured this mans expression so perfectly...the expression was oozing masculinity but with a vulnerability, a softness, a sensuality and a sensitivity which were all captured in a moment. That's I realized that all men, regardless of how "macho" they may come across have these emotions in them. I Love to look for it,  find it, capture it and share it in a photo.


-Please share with me some of your recent and upcoming projects...I am working right now in southern France waking up every morning at 6, to make pictures with the sunrise light I have to admit it is a weird sensation to wake up so early to shoot only for 30 minutes, then I am always happy to go back to sleep for 1 hour :)

Thank you for taking the time to share some of your photography experiences with me. I wish you much continued success!Merci beaucoup!

No comments:

Post a Comment