Wednesday, March 11, 2015

World Premiere Interview: Chris Folz



"I went to Murray State University for a couple of years and took a semester down in Miami,  but decided to quit..."
"Recently I did a short film with David Sims for Alexander Mcqueen, and the new Dolce and Gabbana campaign with Steven Klein...




"Hugo Boss with Mario Testino was definitely my big break..."



-Hello Chris,  I am really flattered  to interview you,  just to start it off, please  give me some background information such as hometown, family, education, where you live now...
St. Philip's, Indiana originally, New York, New York now.  My family is all back in Indiana.  I went to Murray State University for a couple of years and took a semester down in Miami,  but decided to quit until I figured out what I wanted to do instead of putting myself in more debt.


 
-On starting to model: when did you begin thinking of modeling as a career? Did you have any idea about what was involved in being a model?
I sort of fell into modelling.  I was acting before, and was having problems with my agency over money, so I sent out some pictures looking for other sources of income, to hold me over until I got my money and was able to change agencies.


Ford responded so I signed, but I didnt really start taking it seriously until I was asked to move to Italy by Fashion Model agency. I did a couple of test shoots before, but I didnt really know what I was doing nor what I was in for at all.  I was ready for a change regardless so I went,  being over there and not having any other source of income really forced me to learn as much about the industry as I could.





-For whom was your very first runway show for? What was it like?
Emporio Armani, and it was nerve racking as hell,  it was my first time in fashion week in Italy, and I didnt really know what I was doing,  but it all turned out fine.  I was relieved when it was all over.




-I know you are a very successful and busy model, can you share with me some of your recent and upcoming modeling assignments?
Recently I did a short film with David Sims for Alexander Mcqueen, and the new Dolce and Gabbana campaign with Steven Klein, and lately a bunch of editorials coming out in the fall.  As far as upcoming work, I dont like to jinx anything, so nada.









-Which campaign marked the beginning of "a new level" in your career and made you one of the most successful male models, ranked among the top50 male models of models.com?
Hugo Boss with Mario Testino was definitely my big break.


-Some tips for new and aspiring models: what would you say is the key to success and the most important "rules of conduct" to get successful in the fashion industry?
Just to try and refrain from the parties before work.  It can be a serious job if you treat it like one.







 -Since you were acting before modeling I guess you are going to pursue your acting career, is it so ?
Honestly at this moment I am not sure what is going to come up with that.  I have been looking into acting classes, and have a couple coaches picked out that I would like to work with, but right now I am focussing on this and waiting until I have the proper amount of time to study and put in some more work before I start going out and auditioning.



-Turning to some personal questions, how would you describe yourself in  few words and what do you consider to be your main strengths?
I like to think of myself as a pretty charismatic person, but I guess everyone else would have to be the judge of that.


-How do you like to spend your spare time and what is the meaning of fun and having a good time for you?
I am a pretty easy person to please.  I do enjoy the outdoors, like fishing, surfing, camping, hiking, football, baseball, and I enjoy a good drink here and there.  But mainly just being in the presence of good company.



-Thanks Chris for sharing your story with me! My pleasure Christopher and thanks to you for this nice opportunity!
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment