Thursday, March 12, 2015

World Premiere Interview: Alex Cunha

Interview by Christopher Uvenio


"I'm from Belo Horizonte, its a big city in Brazil, its about 4 million people and its up on the mountains..."
"Be yourself!  Open the windows of your eyes and show them what you can express from inside..."


"I'm  peaceful and I love to be with my friends around. I love to play soccer and all kind of sports!..."


Alex is a successful Brazilian model. He started modeling six years ago, he's worked with well-known photographers and he has graced the catwalks of famous designers. He's on the cover of the current issue of L'Officiel Hommes Levant which  has  featured him with a nineteen pages editorial and among his most recent jobs there is a photo shoot by Paul James Hay.




-Hello Alexandre, I'm flattered you accepted to be interviewed for My Blog!, to start this interview off, please give me some background information.                           I'm from Belo Horizonte, its a big city in Brazil, its about 4 million people and its up on the mountains. There's no beach and the closest one is Rio which is like 5 hours by car. I used to live with  my family before starting traveling. My Mom, my Dad and my Sister. My dad's is an accountant and my mom a psychologist; my sister which  is 2 years younger than me is a model also but she is studying Accountancy and living in Belo Horizonte for now. I studied 2 years business management there, but after I started traveling I couldn't  finish...One day maybe. Now I live between NY and Paris.



-Do you remember how and when did you start modeling and your  first modeling photo shoot? Hahaha yes that was crap! No stylist no make and even the photographer wasn’t a photographer...He was trying to start! But was cool cause since there I started learn. But I started cause two girls from an agency in my city told me to go there. And I went. It was 2004 and I was 17.


-Did anyone ever tell you that you should be a model before that? Yes!! My lovely Mom!! Hahahaha
 -What did you buy with your very first earning as a model?I saved.



 -What aspect of modeling is your favorite and what is your least favorite?                        
My favorite is the possibility to travel, to know new people and see that the world is so different about cultures but the people are all the same. I don't like to be away from my friends and  family... That's the worst.





-Tell me,  what do you think is the key to be chosen by photographers and clients in such a competitive market? Be yourself!  Open the windows of your eyes and show them what you can express from inside.

 -Apart from modeling, would you like to pursue another field, such as acting?
I've thought about it but I'm not sure yet. I feel more  like business man but lets see.





-What role would you like  to play?
 If so, I would like to try different roles.

 -Tell me more about yourself, how would you describe yourself? Which adjectives would you use?
I'm  peaceful and I love to be with my friends around. I love to play soccer and all kind of sports!  

 -I'm sure you travel alot, what was the most interesting place you have ever visited? Each place has some particular interest NY is my  favourite city to live but Tokyo was the most interesting place that I've been! So nice!

-If you weren't modeling, what do you think you'd be doing now?  Working with business management in some company in my city or  working with my father in his accountancy company.

-What did you wish  to be when you were a kid?
 First a soccer player, but I'm not good enough. Than a business man, but life took me for a different direction and I appreciate it!

-
Thanks Alexandre for taking your time to reply to my questions,  it was a gift to me and my readers!My pleasure!! Thank you and hope you guys enjoy my work. I still  learning and trying to make it better and better! Cheers!

  http://static.socialitelife.com/uploads/2011/05/alexandre-cunha-shirtless-model-05082011-82-395x580.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment