Wednesday, March 11, 2015

World Premiere Interview: Andrew Stetson

 
(photography by Rick Day)


Hello Andrew, I'm really flattered you accepted to be interviewed for my blog!, to start this interview off, please give me some background information. Thanks for thinking of me enough to conduct this interview.
I was born in Oakville, Ontario, Canada and raised in Burlington, Ontario and spent my summers from a young age in a small town named Mount Forest, where my Grandparents had an Apple Orchard and also where my parents had a cottage. 


(photography by Rick Day)


 My education consisted of High school and after I went directly into Carpentry, building and renovating houses. Knowing that was the direction I wanted to follow I did not receive any continuing education apart from what I was learning as an apprentice.


-Let's look back at how you started modeling, tell me about how you got discovered.I was discovered, as you say, in Toronto, Canada, at an after hours bar to be exact. It must have been around 5am and a man approached me and asked if I was interested in starting a modeling career. I replied with a “What career”. He then handed me his business card and with some coaxing by friends I called and met with him about a week later. From then I started traveling to NYC and Europe on what I look back on as a great ride!




-You're a very successful model, what do you consider your most memorable modeling job so far? Why?My most memorable moments have been every time I get to meet an interesting person or travel to a different country and discover a culture different from mine.  Every time I get the opportunity to learn something new about someone else or about myself I consider a memorable moment.

-What aspect of modeling is your favorite and what is your least favorite? Every job that gives me the opportunity to experience something new and feel something new is what I enjoy about modeling.  Being away from my family is probably the hardest and most painful thing. Trying to make plans is also a difficult task as sometimes you do not know whether you are coming or going.






How do you do to stay in shape? Do you work out, diet or you don’t need any of that?The way I stay in shape is simply diet and lots of exercise.  I enjoy running and weight training really anything that involves physical strength.


(photography by Rick Day)

Apart from modeling, what else would you like to pursue?When this great ride is over I will return to working with my hands creating building and living.


-Thanks Andrew for taking your time to reply to my questions, it was a gift to me and my readers!Thanks to you and sorry this took so long,
- Andrew Stetson


No comments:

Post a Comment