Tuesday, March 10, 2015

World Premiere Interview: Andrea Zanchini: Made in Italy



"My first job was a campaign for Ferrè, a worldwide campaign..."
"I shot two worldwide TV commercials, one for Mazda and one for Scorpion, in two different and beautiful locations, Cape Town and Dubai..."
"I think to be determined, an unpretentious person, obstinate, very friendly..."


Interview by Christopher Uvenio


Hello Andrea, I am really flattered to interview you, just to start it off, please give me some background information.                                                                                               I was born in Cervia, a small town close to Ravenna 40 years ago, from a traditional family, even if they got separated when I was eight, just a child, they transmitted to me values for the family, they are very religious and I deeply trust in God like they taught me...my mother overall. Now I live in Bologna not so close to them, but even not so far, both my mother and my father live in Rimini.




-You are a very successful model, what do you consider the most important "rules of conduct" to get successful in the fashion industry?                                      It is important to keep professional, humility...personality is very important too, it makes the difference in all the situations and passion, passion for your job and discipline too. I trust these ingredients very important in all the jobs people do it.




-How would you describe yourself as a person, which adjectives would you use?
                        It is always really hard to describe ourselves, I'll try, I think to be determined, an unpretentious person, obstinate, very friendly and fragile as all the humans are.

-On starting to model: when did you start modeling? Was your family supportive of your choice? I started when I was 17, very young. At the beginning they wasn't so happy about this choice, especially for my mother it was hard to stand me out of home. Later she understood how it was important for me and I'm grateful to her for supporting me. I'm grateful to all of them, my brothers and sister too.



-Do you remember your first assignment as a model? What was it like?
I remember very well, I was so excited, it was amazing to start to realize a dream of my life. My first job was a campaign for Ferrè, a worldwide campaign.
-On the fashion industry: who are the people that you really loved to work with?I'm a kind of person who tries to connect some feeling with all the people I have opportunity to work with...but of course I created a special relationship with someone more than others...with a photographer in particular, Maurizio Montani.



-Please share with me some of your recent projects...
I shot two worldwide TV commercials, one for Mazda and one for Scorpion, in two different and beautiful locations, Cape Town and Dubai in the middle of the desert. And I made a calendar for 2009 with Maurizio Montani, for my 40th birthday. We shot in a way I was never shot before, very sexy way. I'm still shy sometimes watching those pictures...


-Tell me about your professional plans: apart from modeling, what else would you like to pursue or are you already pursuing?
I would like to try a TV experience in a adventure "reality", we have a reality show in Italy very close to "Survivor" the American one, and I'd like to be a part of the cast. It could be very interesting to live weeks or months in a situation like that and the TV tools can give more popularity compared to the fashion market. Acting is also in my programs, I've already started doing some short movies.


-I know you've traveled around the world, where you would like to live other than where you do now?I love my country so much, I love to live here but if I have to choose another place apart Italy, I'll choose Cape town. I love South Africa, I've been there more than once and I found out that country is an amazing place...

-Thanks again Andrea for taking the time to reply to my questions I wish all  the best: health, love and continued success...
Thank you so much to you to be interested about me. I wish all my best to you too and to all the people who's going to read this interview. God bless all of us.


No comments:

Post a Comment