Monday, February 16, 2015

Gabriel Zadok: Top Model


When I was 15, I went with my best friend and his younger sister to a model search...I ended up getting several more agencies interested in me...
Working with Lope is always a great time. Many photographers are skilled technically but lack in vision and creativity. Lope has all of the elements combined...
I got my first camera and started shooting my sophomore year in college...




Hello Gabriel, I am flattered you accepted to be interviewed for my website, to start this interview off, please give me some background information.
I am the oldest of four biological siblings, and youngest of two step siblings. I was born in Tulsa Oklahoma and have moved to several different cities since. I would consider Charlotte NC to be my home, and that is where my parents currently reside. I have always made school a big priority in my life, I have definitely had big shoes to live up to and had wanted to have some sort of long term security. I have been studying Public Relations at Belmont University in Nashville, TN.




How did you get into modeling? What did your parents say about you being a model?
When I was 15, I went with my best friend and his younger sister to a model search. She was the only one interested in modeling and we went to just hang out. I ended up getting several more agencies interested in me. Being only 15 my mom did not want me to move to NYC alone, so I kept furthering my education. Then in Nashville I signed with a local agency, then I worked on my book then signed with an agency in Atlanta, then worked on my book some more, then got placed in Milan Italy. However, my parents are very supportive of my career today and it would never have been possible without their support.




-Do you remember your first photo shoot? How did you feel about being in front of the camera?
I honestly cannot remember my first shoot, although I'm sure I was not very vulnerable lol. Modeling is just like anything else, it requires work and practice, and a little luck. I can recall my first big shoot. It was an editorial for BMM and I was in Milan Italy. It was also my first time experiencing another culture on my own. For the shoot I was styled in only Dolce & Gabbana shoes and a Hermes tie, which was barely long enough to cover a certain area. Not to mention having a studio filled with 20 people all staring at me; from the fashion editor for the magazine, stylists, Mua's, hair stylists, assistants, photographer assistants.


You worked with one of the greatest photographers of these years, Lope Navo, what was it like working with that artist?Working with Lope is always a great time. Many photographers are skilled technically but lack in vision and creativity. Lope has all of the elements combined, and that is what attracted me to his work. He's also a great human being, and I have learned a lot about photography through him.



-I know you're a photographer too, tell me how did you start doing photography? What got you interested in it?I got my first camera and started shooting my sophmore year in college. Having worked with some amazing photographers as a model, has been so great for my own photography and has really sped up the learning process.




Modeling also helped my photography when I first started out, as I had several gorgeous model friends that I could practice with, even though my skills were not at their level, being able to shoot such amazing models instantly made my work a hundred times better. I have always been fascinated by life and inspired by creativity in several forms. I wrote my first song when I was five, and was constantly encouraged by my mother to express myself through music and painting. I am constantly inspired by other artists and crave to learn as much as I can, in hopes to one day inspire others.

-Let's talk about music, how did your interest in it start?Music has also been a great way to express myself, without music I honestly do not know where I would be today. My father died when I was 10 years old, writing music really helped me get through some hard times.




-If you had to use few adjectives to describe your personality, what would they be? Courageous, Sarcastic, Loving.
-When you have time for leisure activities, what do you like to do?I love sports, I turn into a completely different person when I am on the basketball court. haha, people are shocked by it. I am very competitive and hate to loose at anything I take seriously.




-What was the last movie you saw? Did you like it?
I love foreign films, the last movies I saw were, The Dreamers, and Layer Cake. Both were entertaining.



-Thanks Gabriel for the time to reply to my questions, I wish you all the best: health, happiness, love and continued success!

No comments:

Post a Comment