Saturday, April 5, 2014

Tom Ford Hates Big Fat Men!

You might as well call Jean Pigozzi Mr. Big. He’s a big guy — he’s 6’4″, wears a size XXL, and to top off his size, he’s a world-famous photographer, investor, philanthropist and art collector. Big wallet, big business, big deal.
And he’s so big that he can’t even fit into Tom Ford's celebrated men’s store in New York City.

Pigozzi told Vanity Fair‘s Ingrid Sischy that Ford made it clear: no big and tall men are allowed in his shop. His conversation with Ford went something like this:
“Tom, I went to your shop. I couldn’t buy a handkerchief. Tom said, ‘You know why? I don’t want big fat guys like you in my shop’ . . . But I think he’s making a mistake because big guys like me have the money.”

Maybe Ford’s idea of what looks good is so specific that he can’t handle the fact that some bigger guys actually have great style. Pigozzi himself just launched his own menswear line, LimoLand and we’re willing to bet that the brand will cater to guys like the men in the photos below, who prove that you can have great style regardless of your size. Now, if only Tom Ford would follow suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment