Wednesday, April 16, 2014

I have a thing about Turbans!

I have a thing about turbans, not just turbans all sorts of hats and headdresses.  I'veseen  a few in my time but they've never been quite right.  Two rather horrid velour ones I witnessed last year are only good for wearing whilst taking off my make-up.  Turbans are great for making a dramatic statement and also covering up a bad hair day.  So, I'm still in search of the perfect turban for my collection and inspirations.. 
 Wilhelmina Cooper

In the meantime I'm feeling a bit wordless today due to going out last night.  I can't do it like I used to!  There was a folder with a collection of turban pictures which I thought I'd share with you.

Photography by Edward Steichen
Pola Negri 
 


Lana Turner


Loretta Young 


Joan Collins

Faye Dunaway 


Greta Garbo  


Jean Paul Gaultier - I love this


Stylist Catherine Baba - I love her wardrobe


Sophia Loren


Wilhelmina Cooper






No comments:

Post a Comment