Monday, November 5, 2018

Interview with Top Male Model: Elliot Meeten



Image result for ELLIOT MEETEN
ELLIOT MEETEN is one of the most promising faces in the modelling industry, with his career catapulting after landing a cover of Vogue Hommes, he’s already a regular on top runways such as Giorgio Armani and Dolce & Gabbana to name a few.Elliot sits down for an exclusive interview with  me to talk about his beginnings as a model, beauty secrets and his workout routine. 
ELLIOT MEETEN
Who is Elliot Meeten?
I’m a 22 year old guy from Brighton & Hove, UK.
How were you discovered?
I was getting my haircut when I was 17 years old and I was told I should consider modelling by the hairdresser who was cutting my hair. So, I sent some natural photos of myself to a few London-based modelling agencies and I ended up signing with Models 1.
If you weren’t a model what would you be?
I studied BSc Geography at University so I would probably be using that to work in either clean energy development or wildlife conservation.
Who are your favorite supermodels?
For me it’s a close tie between David Gandy and Sean O’Pry.
Your dream modeling job?
I would love to book a Versace or Giorgio Armani fragrance campaign.
What have you learnt from the modelling industry?
I’ve learnt that the modelling industry can be quite ruthless. It’s a competitive industry and you have to learnt to deal with rejection.
So, what advice could you give to a model starting their career?
I would advise a model who is just starting out to always have a back-up plan or alternative career just in case modeling doesn’t work out.
What do you think is the best part about working in the fashion industry?
I guess the best part is traveling the world. I had never visited New York, Milan or Paris before I got into modelling and having the opportunity to experience those places was life changing.
ELLIOT MEETEN
Your tip for taking the best photo?
Find the right light. I love that “golden hour” light moment, just as the sun is setting in the evening.
What’s your beauty secret or essential grooming routine?
I like to look after my skin by drinking plenty of water, trying to get 8 hours sleep every night, eating lots of vegetables, and avoiding dairy products. I exfoliate my face daily, and sometimes use mud face masks to rejuvenate my face. I avoid moisturiser because I have naturally oily skin.
 ELLIOT MEETEN
How does Elliot Meeten stay fit? What is your exercise regiment?
I train 5-6 days a week depending on my schedule. I sometimes train twice a day, with each session lasting for around 60-90 minutes. My training consists of a lot of cardio in the form of running and rowing and other functional movements performed at high intensity. I also do a lot of bodyweight movements, such as pull-ups and dips, and weightlifting for example barbell squats, clean and jerks, snatches. I also stretch thoroughly every day. When I’m back in my hometown, Brighton & Hove, UK, I also play golf once a week.
Describe your perfect day off when you are not modelling.
A nice lay in, a round of golf with my friends at a beautiful golf course, and then to a nice Thai restaurant in the evening with my girlfriend.
Keep up with Elliot on Instagram @elliotmeeten
ELLIOT MEETENELLIOT MEETENELLIOT MEETENELLIOT MEETEN


No comments:

Post a Comment