Monday, September 10, 2018

Interview: Chad White, A Gay Icon


I think America’s hang-ups about sex and nudity are ridiculous, it’s not like that in Europe.
Related image
AN AMERICAN GUY DISCOVERING MODELLING
Chad was born in Portland, Oregon (USA), on July 11th, 1985. His teenage dream was to become a player in a major league of baseball, but unfortunately an injury in an elbow put an halt to this dream. He was twenty when a friend who was a model, ask him to come with him to a fashion show. He was noticed by the staff of the fashion house and asked if he would like to be a model. Firts he refused, but in 2005, he signed with Major Management New York. His career started immediately and he moved to New York from his native Oregon.
Steven Klein was fist to capture the beauty of this beautiful body, in 2006 among with the model Mischa Barton for a campaign for Bebe, then in the magazine GQ with Adriana Lima., and finally later in the same year for l’Uomo Vogue for an editorial published in 2007.
Image result for Chad White Nude

And in 2007, was also the year of his first walk down on a runway in Milan, Italy for Dolce & Gabbana. Steven Meisel later on photographed the sexy Chad with two beautiful models Julia Stegner and Hilary Rhoda. Terry Richardson was the following photographer to shot our  talented model. Still in 2007,, he appeared in Louis Vuitton catalogue and  in V Man magazine.In 2008,  Chad worked again for a show of Dolce & Gabbana, and appeared in DSquared 2 show , both located in Milan, Italy. At the same time was released an editorial with Chad in Details magazine revealing more of his hotness’s. He was the cover boy of the gay magazine Attitude, by the photographer Matt Irwin. In L’Officiel Hommes he was shot by Milan Vukmirovic.


CHAD WHITE A GAY ICON
For sure with such an well shaped body and an attractive smile, Chad White was quickly adopted by the gay websites where his pictures were extensively posted. Then  as a Gay icon, Chad has contributed to other gay magazine in addition to Attitude, he was the coverboy of the French Tétû, the Australian  DNA, the American Out or the Dutch Winq.
Image result for Chad White Nude
When asked how he feels about the Gay Community, Chad answer is very clear:
“I love the gay community, they are down right the coolest damn people I know. A lot of my best friends are gay. My agent who I owe everything to is gay, he’s like a second father to me. He took me under his wing when I had nothing, thank you Jason.” He is referring to Jason Kanner who create his own agency Soul Artist Management coming from Major Models NYC.

Image result for Chad White Nude
HOT AND CHARMING BOY
Chad White is not your usual hot boy toy, he is known for his patience and he is extremely disciplined something that he got from his baseball days. A kind and gentle guy who does not talk much, Chad, as his friends say, is more intelligent than you think he is. What strikes when you see his interviews is how this man is smiling and how his smile is sweet.
When he is free, Chad plays baseball, football, soccer and golf.


What up Chad?
Okay Chad, time for the 64 million dollar question. Gay or Straight?
Chad White: Straight.


So there’s no way I can talk you in to having sex with me?
Chad: Nope.

Would a six pack of Pabst help?
Chad: Maybe Heineken. (laughs)



 Okay we’ll come back to that. So your from Portland?
Chad: Yep, Portland, Oregon.

And your how old?
CW: 32
Image result for Chad White Nude
 And when did you start modeling?
CW: I started my senior year in high school working for Nike. I was pursuing baseball as a dream.

Oh ya, weren’t you like a known “up-and-comer” headed for the major leagues?
Chad: Ya, I was under the wing of a retired major leaguer who was sort of my mentor and he started grooming me in that direction until I hurt my elbow. I started modeling more seriously as way to pay for the surgery.



 So did you know enough to say, “I have to get to New York if I wanna make it big,” or how did you get back east?
Chad: Well I joined the navy at that time.



 What!? The Navy? That’s hot.
Chad: Well I was drinking and partying a lot so I needed a little structure and discipline and I thought that would be a good way.



 Okay so how did you go from the Navy to being Steven Klein’s muse?
Chad: (laughs) Uh, Jason Kanner had seen Polaroids of me and called me the day before I was shipping out.



No way, talk about destiny.
Chad: Ya.

Image result for Chad White Nude
 So Jason Kanner literally saved you from the military. Are you happy with the way it’s all worked out?
Chad: Ya, it’s a dream come true.


 And besides your obvious good looks, you have won over fans by donating your time for charities. How did you fall in to that?
Chad: Well my booker Jason is one of my best friends in New York and whenever he comes to me and presents opportunities to give back I’m always all for it.


So you are obviously aware that you have a huge gay following. How does that feel?
Chad: I’m honored. A fan is a fan gay or straight, it’s all the same to me.

Image result for Chad White Nude
Well I think it’s admirable that your so open and supportive.
Chad: I know a lot of models that are one way with people and then when we walk away [from jobs or castings] its a different story. They are friendly when they need to be and then talk a lot of shit, which I don’t agree with. I grew up in a very open-minded household. My mom always taught me not to judge people and if I ever did my dad was there to whoop my ass (laughs). I don’t get the whole discrimination thing. People have always just been people.



So what are you in to?
Chad: Sports. I like all kinds of sports and outdoor activities like hiking and kayaking and walks on the beach..(smiles)



 Oh shit.
Chad: (laughs) I’m a total thrill seeker too…like bungee jumping, skydiving, roller coasters, I love all that.

Related image
 Are you living in the city now?
Chad: Ya, I cant live anywhere else. I love New York.



Well you seem to be very big in Milan. Do you enjoy doing the European circuit?
Chad: I love the shows, the castings are boring though.


 Well your such a name, do you even have to do castings anymore?
Chad: Sometimes, depends on what it is.


Speaking of Steven Klein, have you enjoyed all the work you’ve done together?
Chad: Hell ya. I love Steven, he’s an amazing photographer and a total perfectionist. I’m grateful anytime I get to work with him.

Related image
 And who else have you worked with?
Chad: Bruce Weber, Mario Testino, Steven Meisel, Arnaldo Anya, Mr. Joe Lally…


That’s quite a group. Any favorite shoots that stand out in your mind?
Chad: Well of course L’uomo Vogue with Steven is up there and the story I did recently with Meisel for Vogue was a lot of fun.


Well thanks for poppin’ by Chad, it’s always nice to see you.
Chad: Thank you for having me its a pleasure.
Image result for Chad White Nude
 So if we were on a deserted island with no girls in sight, you still wouldn’t have sex with me?
Chad: (laughs) I don’t think so. That’s funny though and I appreciate your tenacity.


OH! One more thing. How do you like shooting nude?
Chad: I don’t mind at all. I think America’s hang-ups about sex and nudity are ridiculous, it’s not like that in Europe. Gladiator is my favorite movie, the Romans and all…I love how they held nudity in such high regard with the statues and art. That’s how I view shooting nude, it’s art.
Image result for Chad White Nude
Image result for Chad White Nude

No comments:

Post a Comment