Thursday, January 11, 2018

Male Model's Diet & Workout



I am sure we all ask ourselves, “How do Runway Models keep their body in shape all year round?”. We first need to understand the difference between Fitness models to Fashion models.
The Runway models want to have a leaner look and not be too muscular because that can effect their performance on the shows and their fit to the clothing.
Fitness models are way more muscular than runway models and often the runway models keep their body leaner for longer periods and don’t have a bulking phase (gaining mass period) on their diet.
Let’s see some different body types of Male Runway Models and how they keep their training and dieting:
In one of the interviews with Perth Now, Tyson Beckford says that “…being a Male Model is pretty much impossible.”
    
“I do four to six hundred sit ups a day. I do anywhere between two hundred to 1000 push ups each day. I do a lot of running, a lot of cardio, my favorite thing is the skipping rope, and I cycle…”
So if you see, they do train a lot and to their max. Most of fashion models train from six to seven days a week, either doing weight lifting/Circuit Training or doing cardio. But most of them don’t focus on weight lifting but more on circuits and using body weight. The same example with David Gandy. He says that he trains almost every day doing either separated muscle groups or circuit training hitting the whole upper body or lower body.
I am sure you all have seen this guy on a magazine ad, tv or runway. David Gandy is a writer for GQ’s UK and one of the Top Male Models in the world. He was born in February 19, 1980.
The guy is impeccable dressed and he makes any clothes on him look like a million dollar piece.
He has the classic “Gentlemen look”, you know , like the ones you see in movies lol. Been recognized as one of the list of GQ’s Best Dressed Men in Britain, I am sure David can teach us a thing or maybe two.

HOBBIES:

He loves his birth Country , the United Kingdom, and everything they make. Oh! Talking about it, He owns a luxurious Jaguar XKR-S which is made in the UK..
Not only that, David has a collection of the finest watches you can dream of. The guy is almost like the real life James Bond.“I have two rather expensive habits: cars and watches. My grandfather built clocks, and that’s where my love of timepieces comes from. I used to watch him build mantelpiece and grandfather clocks as a kid. I have a substantial timepiece collection, but I still go with my Omegas over anything else. James Bond can’t be wrong, can he?”
DAVID GANDY WORKOUT
In an interview for Men’s Health magazine David shared some of his tips to be healthy and stay in shape.
“If I know I can get to the gym every day, I’ll do separate muscle-group workouts,” he says. “I do pecs, arms, shoulders, and back on separate days, then one cardio session.” If you only have a few days to work out, Gandy recommends going all-out for circuits. “Pick exercises that hit every muscle and do 30 seconds of each.”
I found it really interesting when he mentioned how he keeps his diet because it’s similar to how I keep my diet as well.
He says that if you are hungry and that’s nothing healthy to eat, you will end up going out to eat a junk food or grabbing anything you have on hand.
You should stock healthy foods in your fridge so when you feel hungry you will have a back up.
Although he may always maintain his healthy life style he does not kill his social life because of that. For him, everything is about balance. You do your regular diet on your regular basis and when you go out, feel free to have fun and enjoy life.
David is not your regular skinny runway model. He has a great muscular body and a 6.2ft height. He has worked with some of the top designers in the fashion industry but Dolce & Gabanna definitely made him what he is today.

CAREER

Besides the big advertisements, runways and campaigns, Dolce & Gabanna and David made a really nice book with early and newer images of the model. The Book is call “David Gandy by Dolce & Gabanna”.
“I’m so proud of this project,” Gandy said when the book was announced. “Firstly, it is the first time that Dolce & Gabbana have put together a coffee table style book of images for one of their male muses and the first British male model to have this privilege. I couldn’t have imagined in my wildest dreams when I first start working together with Dolce and Gabbana over six years ago, that I would ever have my own book. For  Domenico and Stefano to consider me for this is a great, great honour.”
Tip: What is Circuit Training?
Circuit training is a form of endurance training where you join body resistance exercises with aerobic exercises. The focus on this training is to do a series of exercises and try to keep a high heart rate to induce a more caloric burn. You do the whole circuit and when you finish it, you go back to the first exercise again, non-stop.
 
And some of them don’t do lifting at all and may focus most on cardio and light exercises like pilates and yoga.
 See what the model Clint Mauro says in his interview:
 You obviously go to the gym but what’s overall most effective for you in staying lean?
CM: I finally just gave in and started eating better. I keep it simple with my workout. I do cardio, and natural workouts like push ups and sit ups.
Related image
 In brief, what’s your favorite exercise to do when you work out?
CM: Yoga would have to be my favorite at this point. It’s a totally different kind of workout than I’m used to and it gives me a complete mental and physical workout.
Unfortunately a poor diet with really low calories and maybe a not too healthy diet plan is something you see a lot in the fashion industry. Tyson Beckford also mention in his interview that most of the models keep a diet regime of ” Diet coke and Cigarettes”.
“It is true — models do eat like that,” Beckford says. “A lot of them have a Diet Coke and cigarette diet. I don’t know how they do it, I can’t do it — I need to have some real food in my stomach. I don’t even drink soda, I don’t smoke, I avoid it all.
He said that his diet routine is different and he keeps a healthy diet with proteins like seafood, healthy fats as olive oil and veggies for fiber intake.
To keep their shape for all shows and to always be ready to receive a call from the agency, it is not an easy task. Training and extreme diet is the key for their job success.
Image result for clint mauro
A model A. J. Abualrub, a 22-year-old American model, confessed to the New York Times in an interview that he dropped 30 pounds for a show and that he would only eat twice a day.
To achieve this type of physique it can be dangerous for your health so that’s why you need to first of all find a good nutritionist to create a plan for you.
To achieve a fashion male model look, it also depends on your body type/genetics. If you see Tyson Beckford has a more muscular look, different from the others showed in the pictures, but he still is a great model. Be healthy and stay in shape!
Related image

No comments:

Post a Comment