Thursday, January 4, 2018

John Strand: International Male Model




SuperEXCITED! YES! I am excited to have the charming, handsome, and talented John Strand on my blog! Continue reading to learn some more about John, his favorite clients, his experience as a print, commercial, fit, and runway model, (and musician!) and it all started!
1. Where you are from?
Los Angeles, California
2. What you are into… studies, hobbies, special skills etc..?
I’m a big fan of Sherlock Holmes and Tom Clancy novels..I was a gymnast as a young child and enjoyed playing many sports growing up, from swimming and tennis to varsity high school basketball. I was classically trained on the piano and vocals since I was 10 years old, and I actually fronted a touring indie rock band as a lead singer/keyboardist and songwriter/band manager from 15 into my early 20s. Music is still the magic that fuels my creative ethos.
3. Favorite clients from the biz? 
Fave clients..Armani, Burberry, John Varvatos are a few of my all time favorite designers, and working for them is always an honor.. TrinaTurk / Mr Turk are personal friends and I’ve modeled for their men’s collection for years, and actually love the pieces!
John Strand by Wong Sim5
4. Dreams/goals any thing else of interest (any other dream clients?)?
I am a consummate dreamer…I’ve been enticed and empowered by many forms of creative expression, and my goals are as broad as they are bold. As an enthusiastic lover of fashion and a working model, a major goal is an international campaign for an elite designer like Dolce & Gabbana..which ironically was the brand that launched one of my career heroes David Gandy, who broke barriers in the field, which I also aspire to do. I also hope to return to the music industry as a performer and songwriter, in tandem with my expanding work as a model and actor.
5. Career highlights?
I’ve been blessed with a number of amazing experiences in multiple disciplines of the creative/media industries, from being the first male model to walk for Project Runway’s Michael Costello in Fashion Week, to leading a band performance in front of almost 10,000 people, to filming lead roles for Nicki Minaj, Uniqlo, the Discovery Channel, and more. Shadowing Kevin Spacey was also pretty rad.

John Strand by Brittany Smith5
6. How did you get into modeling or acting?
I was scouted into modeling by a talent agency that obtained a few promo images I had taken as a teenager while fronting my rock band..within a few weeks I was published in a regional magazine and booked a runway show, and the rest, as they say, is history…

John Strand by Brittany Smith6John Strand by Wong Sim6John Strand by Brittany Smith4John Strand by Wong Sim1John Strand by Wong Sim3

No comments:

Post a Comment