Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Actor and model Adam Senn talks acting, restaurant and future

Sugar Land-grown Adam Senn appears as the piping hot, sexually-fluid basketball player Zero in VH1's Hit The Floor.
Model and actor Adam Senn chatted with Digital Journal about "Hit the Floor," as well as his modeling days with Dolce and Gabbana and his restaurant that he owns in New York.
VH1’s Hit The Floor, now in its third season, blends sex, drama, secrets and the excitement that follows the Devils basketball team and its fellow members. Houstonians who watch the show might see a familiar face: Sugar Land-grown Adam Senn in the role of Zero.

In the storyline, Zero was brought from another team to help the Devils win the championship, which they did, yet the character soon finds himself trapped in a scandal and facing life-changing decisions. His portrayal of Zero is only the latest in a flurry of stories leading up to Senn’s current success on the small screen.
His acting bug started when he was a 12-year old at a program in Sharpstown Mall. From there, He attended theatre school, which is when he got his first big break in the entrainment world working as a model.
“I’ve been asked to model a few times before, but I happened to be in a hotel in Houston, and some agents from across the world came up to me. I originally wasn’t interested, but the next week we were in New York,” Senn says.
Like RuPaul’s “Supermodel” anthem, once he was scouted, his modeling career took off.
“I used modeling as a way to pay for my college. All in all, it came together.”
Come together, it did. He rose through the ranks with several fashion brands to eventually land as the face of Dolce & Gabanna The One Sport fragrance. As successful as he was in modeling, he still had the itch for an acting career.
Like most aspiring actors, he appeared once or twice on some of the major cable network shows, but it wasn’t until he caught the eyes of VH1 that he landed his recurring role on Hit The Floor.
“I am honored to play a character that is so dynamic and has so many colors. I’m sure there will be many twists and turns as the story develops. It’s gives a whole blank set of pages to take off, and it’s fun,“ he says.
His character also currently dates a man, with steamy scenes often showing off more skin than a Buffalo Bill impersonators’ convention.
“At the end of the day, I’m trying to tell a story. There’s really no difference between a guy and a girl other that what everyone else is thinking. It’s two people who find a common ground. It starts off as a friendship just like any relationship.”
Related image
As for his future plans and dream role, he says he love to play a comic book hero. Could there possible be a Captain Zero in the future? Keep those eyes peeled to find out.
Regarding his experience on Hit the Floor, he said, "I work with some the most talented, loving, and hardworking people in the biz. Getting to go to work everyday at Paramount and be surrounded by all around great people is the best experience I could ask for."

Related image

Senn has a passion for cars. "My father and both grandfathers were gear heads. They loved classic muscle and rare classics. So I was raised the same, before I could drive my father was making me read the instruction manual to figure out how to take out and reinstall an alternator. Nowadays, I build my own classics. At the moment I'm really into Classic Broncos 66-77. Something so classic about them, also reminds me of home. Everyone I create is one of a kind with its own flare."
Related image

Throughout his career in the industry, Senn has modeled for Dolce and Gabbana. "I guess I keep getting lucky cause again Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana are two amazing talented human beings. They are like family to me. We created some amazing images together with the work of many others. And hope to create many more someday," he said.
Related image

Aside from modeling and acting, Senn has a restaurant in New York called Il Bastardo. "I had a concept for a wine bar back in 2008 and with the help of my mentor and best friend Robert Malta of NYCRG we created Il Bastardo with a OZ wine bar that holds 50 bottles of wine by the glass at cellar temperature. I grew up with lots and lots of food from all walks of life. A restaurant is just another reason to eat with friends and family. Two of my favorite things," he said.
 

On his plans for the future, he said, "My focus now is writing and I have plans to direct my first film in 2018. I love to create and tell stories. 'm a sucker for a great story and you know how Texans always have to tell 'em bigger."

His New Year's resolutions for 2018 are to "stop eating too much sugar." "I have the biggest sweet tooth," he admitted.

Each day, Senn is motivated by a "good story." "If I can go live an experience, I more than likely have a great story to tell," he said.


When asked how he balances acting, modeling and owning a restaurant, he said, "I started acting long before modeling. It just happened to have taken off first. Acting is my main priority. Modeling days have taken a back seat for now. And the restaurant is self-efficient, we have a great staff."


For his fans, he concluded, "I appreciate everyone who has ever cared enough to follow me. I'm just trying to have fun and create compelling images and stories. Stay tuned for many more to come."
 Image result for Adam Senn D&G runway

No comments:

Post a Comment