Monday, December 26, 2016

Jarrod Scott: The Life a Male Model

 http://www.thefashionisto.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/jarrod-scott-photos-004.jpg
Jarrod Scott's life changed after a holiday in the Philippines, when his chiselled physique caught the attention of an agency scout. In a few short years, his profile has catapulted - first Givenchy creative director Riccardo Tisci tapped him to walk in his A/W '12 show, then campaigns for some of the biggest names in fashion - think Hugo Boss, Tom Ford and H&M - followed. He was even (though unsurprisingly - we mean, look at him) chosen to be the face of Jean Paul Gaultier's Ultra Male fragrance. If the shoe fits...
He's bagged numerous magazine covers in the years that have followed, appearing in GQ, L'Officiel and most notably, the coveted Paris Vogue Hommes (see that particularly controversial cover below). Clearly very comfortable in his own skin, he was recently shot stark naked for acclaimed fashion photographer Mariano Vivanco's book, Portraits Nude Flowers.
 Aussie supermodel Jarrod Scott’s New York City diary
Now based in New York, Scott touched down in Sydney this week to walk in the David Jones S/S 2016 show. Below, he lets us in on what his life in NYC looks like - consider this an insider's glimpse into the real life of a really, really, ridiculously good-looking male model.

"Because I don't work a usual 9-5 job some nights I just stay up really late and sleep in until 10am or 11am and sometimes even 12 noon. I feel spoilt when I sleep until that late though, because time is such a luxury.
 Aussie supermodel Jarrod Scott’s New York City diary
"I usually have breakfast at home and then walk to go get a nice coffee in Soho. I'll aimlessly walk the streets window shopping and writing down ideas that I have for all kinds of things, from my racecar to bikes and my house that I'm building back in Australia.
"In summer I work out in the evening about four or five times a week; either running or riding depending on how I feel. I tend to ride more now because it's less stress on my joints - all the road running takes its toll. If I don't have much time, I'll ride around Central Park, but if I want a big ride I either ride upstate to Piermont or Bear Mountain, which is roughly 100-180km depending on how far I go. Or, I will ride from NYC out to Montauk early morning and have lunch there then go back on the train in the evening.
                                             http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/71/da/c8/71dac8bafc8af7840cf9155f08267a16.jpg
"Most nights I usually end up cooking myself, so I can control what I eat and get into a good pattern, which helps me to stay on track! There's still so much about NYC that I'm learning and I'm finding new places to eat, drink and have fun all the time. It's a very busy city!
"I also spend a lot of time at my local aquarium shop in the lower east side, buying corals and building my aquarium at home. Having a reef in my lounge room makes me feel closer to Australia."

                                 http://www.malemodelscene.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Jarrod-Scott-Arnaldo-Anaya-Lucca-GQ-Japan-07.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment