Sunday, December 6, 2015

Model Talk with Matthew Terry from Calvin Klein Underwear

Don’t know who drummer boy is?  He’s Matthew Terry: the newest face of Calvin Klein Underwear .  In my exclusive Q&A with Matthew Terry, we learn about his passion for music, his favorite pair of underwear from the recent Calvin Klein collection, and how he got started modeling.
 Where are you from?
Matthew Terry: I’m from Bath, Pennsylvania.


And, where do you live now?
Matthew Terry: Still in PA.


What compelled you to enter the VMAN competition?
Matthew Terry: My mother submitted photos of me for the competition, and I didn’t even know!   Kati Brown from the FORD agency called me.  I was a little confused at first.  I’m really glad my mother submitted me, otherwise I might not be in the position that I am today!
 Did you always want to be a model?
Matthew Terry: No not really, I was more determined to be a personal trainer and a musician.


How does it feel to be the newest face of Calvin Klein Underwear?
Matthew Terry: It feels unreal. I can’t believe that I’m among such an extremely prestigious group of men that have done this campaign before!  Mark Wahlberg and Kellan Lutz to name a few.
 What’s the best place you were photographed for Calvin Klein?
Matthew Terry: That’s a tough one, I’m torn between California for the Bold Underwear and St. Barths for Calvin Klein Jeans. They were both just amazing places and I have never seen anything like them before, but I’m going to have to go with the St. Barths. That place is so amazing.


Since this collection is filled with big Bold colors, what IS your favorite color?
Matthew Terry: All the colors are amazing and it’s very hard to pick my favorite, but I really like the baby blue and the purple.
And what’s your favorite pair from the new Bold collection?
Matthew Terry: My favorite pair is the trunks.


 Who is a designer that you haven’t worked with that you would like to?
Matthew Terry: I’m still very new to the modeling world so unfortunately I don’t know that many designers yet. Hopefully in time I will be able to really answer this question.
 We saw a pretty cool video of you drumming around NYC; if you weren’t a model, would you pursue music?
Matthew Terry: Yes, the New York video that I did with V magazine was so much fun.  I’ve never done anything like that before.  We played on trash cans and traffic cones in front of people and it was a ton of fun. Yes, I would love to pursue music, I’m actually doing that now. Whenever I’m not modeling or working out, I’m always trying to play music. I play with a few friends in my hometown whenever we get the chance and hopefully soon we can start recording our music and getting it out into the world.
How do you stay so fit?
Matthew Terry: Well I try my best to keep a consistent workout schedule. Even if I can’t get to the gym one day, I always try to do some type of physical activity during the day or at least just a quick workout if I’m at home.


What’s something we don’t know about you?
Matthew Terry: I love to cut firewood.

No comments:

Post a Comment