Wednesday, November 11, 2015

World Premiere Interview: Andrea Denver

World Premiere Interview: Andrea Denver
by Christopher Uvenio
I can’t lie, When Andrea messaged me back and said he would do this interview; I was beside myself. He’s our first ever Mr. October and I couldn’t have picked a better model than you, our readers, chose. I hope you guys are just as excited to read it as I was to be able to do the interview!


 First things first, let’s get some basics out of the way. What are your stats (age, height & weight, hair & eye color? What is your hometown? Where do you currently reside?  What agencies represent you?
Andrea Denver:
Hi guys, my name is Andrea, I am 24yo, I am 6’ 2” (188cm) tall, I weigh about 195 pounds, brown hair and hazel eyes. I was born and raised in Italy but for the last two years I have lived in the United States. Currently I live in Manhattan, NY. I am represented by Soul Artist Management in NYC, Wilhelmina Models in Miami and LA, Uno in Barcelona and London Management Group in Sidney.


 I must ask, is it true that Italians are romantic?
AD:
Italians can be really romantic but I am trying to save my romantic side for the right girl.


 At what age did you start modeling and why/how did you come to choose modeling?
AD:
I started modeling when I was 18 and then I stopped for about three and a half years because I was more interested in finish my university. So I received my degree in communication at the University of Italy and then I found myself modeling again here in the United States at the age of 22.


 Tell us about your first photo shoot…who was it with and, looking back now, what did you learn from it?
AD:
I honestly don’t remember much about my first photo-shoot and to be honest I think I really started to learn a lot in the past 2 years. Especially this past year has been really important for me.


You have modeled for so many notable names and companies (Colcci Brazil, Lui magazine, Abercrombie & Fitch, Diadora, Daks London and Daks Sport, Entercoins) and shot with many top industry photographers.    Tell us what you consider to be a few highlights of your career thus far.
AD:
I have shot for a few other big magazines in this past year and a few big brands like Brooks Brothers and a couple other ones that I can’t talk about yet. I have shot with great photographers as well but I look always to improve myself everyday.


You have appeared in music videos with two superstar performers in Taylor Swift and Jennifer Lopez.   That must have been a lot of fun on the boat with J Lo.   What are your favorite memories of that shoot?
AD:
Shooting with Jlo was such a great experience. I was really happy and she was great. I had so much fun with the whole crew that day and I made a couple of new good friends that were shooting with me.


And you are a long-time Taylor Swift fan and say she is your perfect woman.   First, do you prefer country Taylor or pop Taylor?  Secondly, might you be fortunate enough to one day have her write a song about breaking up with you?
AD:
Of course I got super excited when I had the chance to be in the video with Taylor. She is literally a big time crush for me. To be honest with you guys I used to love the country Taylor more, but I totally understand her business move and she is still writing amazing music. I would love having her a song about me, In my dreams for sure lol.


Have you reached your dream assignment yet? If not, what would that dream assignment be?
AD: 
I don’t really have a particular dream assignment, other than to just keep getting better and prove myself as a valuable model.


 There are many stereotypes about the personalities of male models. Name one that you find to be mostly false & one that is actually mostly true in your experiences.
AD:
People that say that the model life is easy is definitely not true. A stereotype that is true is that most of the male models are quite crazy about diets.


 You have said you’re a perfectionist and never satisfied.   Do you give photographers a lot of feedback when you shoot with them?
AD:
As I said, I just try to always improve myself. I’ve done a lot of shirtless photo-shoots but now photographers prefer to shoot me with clothes on, more fashion and focusing more on my face.


Photo by Alex Jackson

 You have a fantastic body!  What are your top 1 or 2 best exercises that most impact the results you achieve?
AD:
I don’t really like working out; but I like the results so I try to keep myself in shape as much as I can. My favorite exercise is the bench and the ab machine as well.


 You hold a degree in Communication Sciences from the University of Verona.  Long-term, what are your goals career-wise?
AD:
I think I would like to get a second degree in journalism and I would love to be a broadcaster some day. Studying for me is still really important.


 With an eye toward acting, you are taking speech classes to help you lose your Italian accent.  How is that going?
AD:
Unfortunately, I had to stop because I had such a busy schedule these past few months.


What are you doing when you’re not modeling? Where would our readers most likely find you?
AD:
I love travelling in my free time. But when I am in NYC people can find me out in a lot of places especially in soho or The Meat Packing District.


Favorites:

  • US city: Los Angeles
  • Country to visit: Italy
  • TV show: Gotham
  • Musical act/group: 30 Seconds to Mars
  • Brand of underwear: Calvin Klein
  • Style of Underwear: Briefs
  • Clothing Designer: YsL

 Besides a nice body and skilled photographer, what are the keys to making a photo hot & exciting?
AD:
I try to put myself in the character that the job is requesting me to be for that photo-shoot.


 Are there any big projects in the works that you can tell us about?
AD:
I am not involved in anything big right not lol. Finger crossed.


 How can our readers keep up with you on social media?
AD:
People can keep with me on Instagram and Twitter. I try to be really active on both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment