Monday, March 9, 2015

World Premiere Interview: Mikael Svensson

I decided to become a model about 3 years ago. My friends and family had often told me to try it out but...
I've worked with companies like Volvo, SAAB, Melka, KappAhl, Atlas Design, Melka, Nelly, Hestra...
I'm very confident, kind, thoughtful...



 -Hello Mikael, I'm flattered you accepted to be interviewed for my blog!, to start this interview off, please give some background information.Thank you for having me. I grew up in a little town called Bromölla in the southern parts of Sweden. Now I live in the second largest city in Sweden. But my family still live where I grew up. I'm well educated in economics and sales. And today I work as a key account manager for a recruitment company here in Gothenburg (Göteborg). Modeling is just part time unfortunately.





-When did you decide to become a model? Were your family supportive of your choice?
I decided to become a model about 3 years ago. My friends and family had often told me to try it out but I could never dream of doing this. My mom took matters into her own hands and sent some pictures of me to a contest, I didn't win but I realized that this was so much fun. So I applied to an agency when I moved to Gothenburg. I found out that I loved doing this but since it's a small market in Sweden there was no chance to have it as a full time occupation. But I wish I could.


-Do you remember your first assignments as a model? How did you feel during it? It was on that contest and it was terrifying, I stood there on the runway in underwear and I was shaking. The room was crowded with 500 drunk girls screaming, so the pressure was big. But in the end it was so much fun, I started to love it and I have done a lot of jobs since then.




-Tell me about your main modeling assignments so far...It's a big mix, and like I said, Sweden is a very small market. I've worked with companies like Volvo, SAAB, Melka, KappAhl, Atlas Design, Melka, Nelly, Hestra, 575 Denim, Tenson, Panos Emporio, Brothers, Esprit etc.

-What kind of assignments as a model do you prefer?                        
I've only done runway and photo shoots and I suppose I like both. Runway is more fun doing it but when I see myself in for example catalogues I appreciate the pictures more.





-How would you describe yourself in few words? Which adjectives would you use?I'm very outgoing, everyday I meet new people in my work: CEOs, Directors and so on. I love meeting new people. I'm very confident, kind, thoughtful, goals in life, positive.
-What's your favorite sport? How often do you play it?I guess my favourite sports are golf, skiing and diving. I’ve tried many more but these days there is no time left except going to the gym and running.




-If you were not a professional and successful model, what do you think you'd be doing now?That question I must turn the other way around since I have a full time job that I like as well. But I wouldn't say no to do more modeling cause its there my passion is!

-Thanks Mikael for taking the time to reply to my questions, good luck !

Good day to you as well and all your readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment