Sunday, March 22, 2015

World Premiere Interview: Jon Fleming


Interview by Christopher Uvenio


"One of my first jobs was playing the character 'Russell' on Will and Grace. I remember the audition like it was yesterday..."
"I played a pro baseball player who got kicked out of the league for cocaine use and then murdered a hooker on CSI New York..."
"I love to entertain. I love taking on challenging roles and becoming a character..."

 
Jon Fleming is an American actor, among his first jobs he remembers the role of 'Russell'  on Will and Grace,  as for the new and upcoming projects he did an episode of CSI NY in which he plays the role of Dereck Perry and he is in pre-production for a film called Strong Men (the complete list of his jobs can be found on Idmb). Jon is a nice and outgoing man, who likes to interact with his fans. Following here my exclusive interview with him.
- Hello  Jon, I am really flattered to interview you, just to start it off, though you're a really well-known actor,  please give me some background informationThanks. I am happy to take part. I was born and raised in Wisconsin. I now live in Beverly Hills CA.  I am a middle child with two sisters.
-When did you get interested in movies? Have you ever taken acting classes?I remember hiding behind the couch and watching R rated movies when I was a kid.  Rambo, Nightmare on Elm Street etc. I studied acting in NYC and L.A. I have always loved to entertain.  It could be in sports, movies or just in front of my family and friends.

-Do you remember your acting debut?  I guess you were very excited...One of my first jobs was playing the character "Russell" on Will and Grace. I remember the audition like it was yesterday.  It was myself and several other guys standing there shirtless in a freezing studio and sweating with nervous excitement. The people from the show looked us all over like they were picking out cattle for a steak.  I got picked and they brought me back for four episodes. Such a great cast and crew. James Burrows is a great director and does a great job of collaborating with all of the talent.

-Can you share with me some of your recent and upcoming projects?I played a pro baseball player who got kicked out of the league for cocaine use and then murdered a hooker on CSI New York and also a guest star on Elviras Movie Macabre.  For film I play a villain in Frat House Massacre that is now out on Dvd and just wrapped on a film called Violence of the mind which is a cross between Fight Club and American Psycho. I am in pre production for a film called Strong Men in which I will be playing a MMA fighter and associate producer. I am also in talks of playing a lead in a play in NYC running this December. It would be my first play and I am looking forward to the challenge.

-What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment as an actor so far?I have never been thrown off set

-What's your favorite movie of all time?  My favorite movie is a tie between Walk the line and Fight club.

-Why do you love acting? What aspect of acting is your favorite and what is your least favorite?I love to entertain. I love taking on challenging roles and becoming a character. I love meeting people from all walks of life. Fans, classmates and crew. I like to hear peoples stories and learn life lessons. My least favorite would be auditions.  Sitting in a casting lobby waiting for your turn to read a scene off a piece of paper is not a true test of an actors ability.  Just get me to set.

What would be the role you would most like to do?John Wilkes Booth.  In real life I am a Jester but I love playing the villain in film.
-What are some of your personal interests?  What do you like to do in your leisure time?  Classic Rock on vinyl, running, nature, farmers markets, hippies, artists, film, and The Green Bay Packers.



-Thanks again  Jon, any additional comments you would like to share?Have a great weekend Christopher!

No comments:

Post a Comment