Saturday, February 28, 2015

World Premiere Interview: Tyson Ballou: Runway King


"My early work and castings was with J.C. Penny's and Foley's campaigns which is now called Macy's. I was very nervous..."

"I like when I work with a photographer who will let you explore and take chances. Someone who will let you just try strange and unique looks in your photos..."

 "Modeling really did help me talk more and be more comfortable since I was shy growing up..."

I was a real shy kid growing up in school I barely talked and mainly kept to myself a lot. I graduated from high school in 1995 and enrolled in Richland College . While I was attending college I honestly had no idea what I really wanted to do with my life. Some people just know and others figure it out through time but for me I had no clue.


- Do you still remember your first casting? What was it like?My early work and castings was with J.C. Penny's and Foley's campaigns which is now called Macy's. I was very nervous because I was a shy guy and my shyness sort of got mistaken for at times of being a snob which isn't true. I am very down to earth normal type guy.



- Let's give some tips to new models, tell me What is the most important thing that a girl/boy should do to present herself/himself well in castings?I would say just be yourself, don't try to hard or take yourself to seriously come with confidence but not arrogance.                        


- What do you most like when you work with a photographer and do you have any special preparation before a photoshoot?                                                                  I like when I work with a photographer who will let you explore and take chances. Someone who will let you just try strange and unique looks in your photos. I always like to try and get a good night sleep before a early shoot the next day .



- Do you have an interesting anecdote from a photo shoot, a casting or a show?I do actually it was when I was told the same day of the shoot I was to work with Madonna on D&G campaign for glasses. It was a very interesting shoot, I didn't know I would enjoy myself or like it as much as I did she was fun to work with.



- My most memorable... there is so many, but when I first started IMG wanted to give me a more edgy look so they shaved my head and made me look military or army like. I did campaigns and billboards and got a lot of attention overseas from, Milan and Paris especially .





Your career is unique, what do you think made you stand out among other guys?
My distinct features, from my check bone structure to my eyes and even my personality. Modeling really did help me talk more and be more comfortable since I was shy growing up.


-
Which Fashion capital is your favorite: Paris, Milan, London or NYC? Are the markets in Europe and in US very different?
They are all really nice places for fashion week I would say I really like New York a lot its my home where I live but, I love the city vibe and the relaxed environments with the collections. They are similar in my experience the only difference is fashion week in Europe tends to be more hectic.


Turning to some personal questions, how would you describe your way to have fun, the places you usually go, and your way to enjoy life?



I love basketball its my favorite sport and I enjoy catching a game when I have time or playing with friends or my brother.



 - Thanks Tyson for taking the time to reply to my questions, it was a gift to me and my Readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment