Monday, February 9, 2015

Chad White: America's Most Wanted SuperModel Part 2


Believe it or not, I've only just met Chad White as recent as backstage Perry Ellis and I fell absolutely in love with him. I even sent his agent Jason Kanner (who has played a major role in his career) a text telling him so. "I know...that voice," he replied. Sure he's got an amazing ass and a great set of abs but with Chad, it's so much more than that. With his beautiful smile and kind voice he is one of the sweetest people I've ever met.



Raised in Portland, Oregon, Chad's dreams of playing for the major leagues came to an abrupt halt with the injury of an elbow. With his sites set on the Navy, a chance phone call left him not only destined for greatness but working with some of today's most influential photographers.



And work he does. In addition to walking the catwalk for some of the world's most prestigious designers, Chad also devotes time to helping out when and wherever he can. Thus making him not only one of today's most sought after male models but due to his charity work for the gay community and AIDS research, somewhat of a gay icon.


He is shy, humble and FYI the magazines do not do his body justice. We love Chad White!


What up Chad?
JD Ferguson: Okay Chad, time for the 64 million dollar question. Gay or Straight?
Chad White: Straight.
JD: So there's no way I can talk you in to having sex with me?
CW:
Nope.





JD: Would a six pack of Pabst help?
CW: Maybe Heineken.
(laughs)

JD: Okay we'll come back to that. So your from Portland?
CW: Yep, Portland, Oregon.
JD: And your how old?
CW: 30





JD: And when did you start modeling?
CW: I started my senior year in high school working for Nike. I was pursuing baseball as a dream.





JD: Oh ya, weren't you like a known "up-and-comer" headed for the major leagues?
CW: Ya, I was under the wing of a retired major leaguer who was sort of my mentor and he started grooming me in that direction until I hurt my elbow. I started modeling more seriously as way to pay for the surgery.




JD: So did you know enough to say, "I have to get to New York if I wanna make it big," or how did you get back east?
CW: Well I joined the navy at that time.
JD: What!? The Navy? That's hot.
CW:
Well I was drinking and partying a lot so I needed a little structure and discipline and I thought that would be a good way.




JD: Okay so how did you go from the Navy to being Steven Klein's muse?
CW: (laughs) Uh, Jason Kanner had seen Polaroids of me and called me the day before I was shipping out.
JD: No way, talk about destiny.
CW: Ya.
JD: So Jason Kanner literally saved you from the military. Are you happy with the way it's all worked out?
CW: Ya, it's a dream come true.





JD: And besides your obvious good looks, you have won over fans by donating your time for charities. How did you fall in to that?CW: Well my booker Jason is one of my best friends in New York and whenever he comes to me and presents
opportunities to give back I'm always all for it.
JD: So you are obviously aware that you have a huge gay following. How does that feel?
CW:
I'm honored. A fan is a fan gay or straight, it's all the same to me.




Interviewed by JD Vision

No comments:

Post a Comment