Thursday, December 4, 2014

World Premiere Interview: Samuel McGill



Samuel McGill

The Super Male Model

By Christopher Uvenio


Samuel McGill,  tall, dark and Handsome New York Male Model seen on the runways during NYFW for New York Designer Larry Underwood to magazines and also will be appearing in Uvenio's menswear collection for the upcoming Coffee table book!

Tell me about yourself, where are you from?
I am from Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
So how did you decide having a career in Modeling?
When I was younger, I tried to get into modeling, but was told that I didn’t have the right look. But, several years later, my Wife and Best Friend convinced me to give it another try…so here I am.


With your Amazing Good looks and a fabulous body, how do you keep yourself look good and what do you do to keep in such great shape?
First, my Wife makes sure I eat healthy. Second, my passion for fitness keeps me in the gym six days a week.
What kind of music do you listen to when you’re working out?
None….I like to listen to the thoughts in my head…lol.

Who are your personal favorite designers and what designs do you wear? What designers you wouldn’t wear?
One of my favorite designers is Larry Underwood, who is an upcoming designer based in NYC. Also, I like Tom Ford, Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren, and John Varvatos for his jackets/blazers just to name a few.
I couldn’t name any one designer I wouldn’t wear because I’m pretty open-minded when it comes to fashion.

How do you keep up to date with fashion?
I try to keep up to date with the current fashion trends by watching fashion tv shows, attending fashion runway events, and looking through my favorite men’s magazine GQ.

What are you, a Boxer or brief kind of Male model?
Brief
What made you first become a model?
My wife saw a picture that was taken of me for a calendar shoot and convinced me to seriously pursue modeling.
How did you feel when you did your first ever fashion show or photo shoot? 
I was excited, nervous, and anxious but somehow I found a way to remain calm and focused.


How do you feel about the female model controversy of the size 0 debate in the industry?
I don’t believe that a female has to be a size 0 to be a model. If you’re beautiful, confident, and comfortable in your own skin then a female should be able to model regardless of her size.
If you were not a model, what other profession would you have been doing instead? 
Photographer


What are guilty pleasures food wise? 
Chip’s Ahoy Cookies and ice cream

How do you cope under the pressures of being a model and is being nude also a pressure? 





I haven’t dealt with any pressure being a model so far. As far as being nude, I don’t mind posing in underwear but I’m not comfortable with exposing it all.
What beauty tips do you swear by? 
Exercise and getting plenty of rest.



What’s your favorite colour?
Grey, black, and red

What colour would you not wear?
Orange
You been modeling for quite a long time, do you love it and see yourself modeling for the next 5 years?

I love modeling and I hope to continue to grow in the business and make a brand for myself.
What do you do in leisure/spare time?



Besides exercising, I love playing and watching sports.
What advice would you give a newbie who's just starting in the industry - any suggestions on what to do or what to avoid?
Always be yourself, know who you are and what your limitations are, but keep an open mind. 




























No comments:

Post a Comment