Sunday, June 15, 2014

J.LO & Versace Dress Revival!

The video for J-Lo's new single I Luh Ya PaPi shows the pop star modelling a tropical jumpsuit that is strikingly similar to the infamous, nearly naked Versace dress Lopez wore at the Grammys in 2000.
Last year Jennifer Lopez revealed that the infamous slashed-to-the-navel Versace dress the pop diva wore to the 2000 Grammy Awards was experiencing a new lease of life on a mannequin in her home spa. Fast forward to the showcase of J-Lo's new video last night and it appears that the singer is giving her much-documented tropical look another airing.
Jennifer Lopez Versace dress

In the raunchy film that accompanies the single I Luh Ya PaPi, featuring rapper French Montana, the 44-year-old commands a room of hunks in trunks while wearing a second-skin jumpsuit fashioned out of the same green-and-blue Hawaiian print. The neckline is still, yep you guessed it, slashed to the navel, with several chains and medallions dripping down her tanned skin.
We have an ongoing theory in the PEOPLE StyleWatch office that J.Lo doesn’t age. And now we have some photographic evidence to support that theory. The singer wore a version of her famous super-sheer, super-plunging Versace gown (lest  Rhinna forget that J.Lo did it first!) from the 2000 Grammy Awards at her concert Wednesday night in the Bronx, N.Y. And it’s nearly impossible to tell that 14 years have passed.Lopez covered up a little more this time around, pairing the diaphanous tropical-print design with a bodysuit and nude fishnets for her hometown concert.

And of course she had a few outfit changes, including a bedazzled nude bodysuit teamed with a not-safe-for-work leather garter belt and sheer stockings combo, just in case you forgot how amazing her body is. 

Think the 44-year-old superstar will be hitting the stage in anything less skimpy anytime soon? Don’t count on it — she has a very positive outlook on aging.

“I feel like I felt when I was 28,” Lopez  told Instyle.“My bones don’t hurt. I feel great. I actually feel better, more confident. Of course I still have the nerves, but now I know how to control them. When I was in my twenties, I wasn’t sure of myself. Now I can really stretch. I don’t have to stay in the box. At this point I can say to myself, ‘So what if I fall, so what?’ I’m going to get back up.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment