Sunday, February 23, 2014

Gaultier & Madonna: The Perfect Match!

The Blond Ambition Tour presents a variety of incredible costumes by French designer Jean Paul Gaultier who initially prepared almost fifteen hundred sketches to help Madonna defining the various looks of the show, but Madonna knew exactly what she wanted. The 90's The most talked about Match made in Heaven, Gaultier & Madonna!
 
"When I proposed my designs", said Gaultier in an interview, "it was, that no, that yes, no, yes, no". Gaultier who admired Madonna since the early days of her career admitted that working with her on the Blond Ambition Show was definitely one of the highlights of his career.
 
"I love Madonna. That was one of the best times of my career," he told the Observer.
 

But the chance to work with her for the first time on this tour came up quite as a surprise, as he recalled in an interview to the New York Times:

"When Madonna first called me in 1989, it was two days before my ready-to-wear show, and I thought my assistant was joking. I was a big fan. She asked me if I would do the tour.

 
She knew what she wanted: a pinstripe suit, the feminine corsetry. Madonna likes my clothes because they combine the masculine and the feminine."
But how did Gaultier came up with the idea of the gold conical bra
Surpisingly it has somehow something to do with his grandmother.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment