Saturday, February 5, 2011

Christopher Uvenio newest Collection; Monkey Heiress Collection by Steve Bass

 The photoshoot with Steve Bass was amazing. The Shoot was taken place in his studion in Chelsea near the Fashion Institute of Technology, right in the Garment District on 31st Street on 7th Avenue. Steve and I known and worked together for nearly six years, I met him during Fashion Week at the show of the amazing  and sassy icon Betsy Johnson. 
Steve Bass brought his makeup artist and hairstylist, Nella Blackman and she created such incredible work onto one of my favorite model when she worked as a Bob Mackie fitting models; Gracie. I brought her along since she knows how to bring the edgy, glamour pose into my designs. Deep red lipstick, dark black eye shadows and some white powder to have a vamp look of the old Hollywood.
my design of Monkey Heiress will be in in the Zink Magazine. Yes, the designs inspiring the unique of Monkey hair! What you see are faux Monkey hair! I inspired those hair when I first saw my favorite icon designer of the early 90's Thierry Mulger of his the Phantom Collection. Velvet, Satin Crepe, Velveteen, Leather. and faux Monkey hair...
I inspire from the music of Free Your Mind song from the 90's icon EnVogue, Tango style of dark, edhy, gothic and drama into the collection; Inspire the movie of another 90's icon of Johnny Depp's Edward Scisscorhands and a touch of the classic Addam's Family of  Morticia. More edgy pictures of my Monkey Heiress will be seen in my new website opening in the Fall of 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment